Thanks for taking interest in SCS. Before applying, make sure that you have the minimum skills required. For job requirements, please see the information below. Students awarded Work-Study funds will be given priority.
Please check the following requirements before applying:
- Like to work with people.
- Be able to demonstrate basic computer skills (experience is required).
- Be able to lift at least 40 pounds of paper periodically.
- Be enrolled for at least five credit hours (spring and fall semesters) to be eligible for employment.
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and invites applications from all qualified individuals.
A student lab assistant working with SCS will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Serve as staff consultant to users.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies (paper, toner, staples, etc.).
- Maintain and provide operational support of the microcomputers and their relevant applications.