Working at Northeastern
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in a career with Northeastern Illinois University. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Northeastern is not conducting on-campus interviews or Civil Service testing at this time. The University will contact applicants when this process resumes. Please continue to consider Northeastern as your choice for future employment opportunities.
Northeastern Illinois University's Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University has three additional locations in the metropolitan area: the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro and the Center for College Access and Success. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago. Northeastern offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs.
Northeastern offers a rewarding working environment for our students and employees. Our faculty and staff are smart, dedicated people who work to create an excellent urban university experience for bright and motivated students.
Northeastern values its employees and seeks to foster an inclusive workplace. Northeastern is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, Northeastern welcomes applications from a diverse pool of candidates.
Plesae visit the Illinois Department of Central Management Services and select "SEGIP Member" under the State Employees Group Insurance Program option to view coverage for the following:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
Northeastern Illinois University also offers:
- Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Professional Development and Training
- Educational Benefits
- Sick and Vacation Time
- Employee Excellence Awards
- Health and Fitness Facility
- Child Care
Collective Bargaining Units
Northeastern Illinois University recognizes the unions below as the exclusive bargaining agent for the employees covered under their respective agreements.
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, Local 1989 (AFSCME)
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 700
- International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399 (IUOE)
- Metropolitan Alliance of Police, #630 (MAP)
- University Professionals of Illinois, Local 4100 (UPI)