Please visit the Illinois Department of Central Management Services and select "SEGIP Member" under the State Employees Group Insurance Program option to view coverage for the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
Northeastern Illinois University also offers:
- Retirement Plan
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Professional Development and Training
- Educational Benefits
- Sick and Vacation Time
- Employee Excellence Awards
- Health and Fitness Facility
- Child Care
- Workers Compensation: If an employee is injured on the job, they should immediately notify their supervisor and contact Tristar, the Workers’ Compensation administer for the State of Illinois at (855) 495-1554. Then the appropriate forms need to be completed to process the claim. Forms can be found below and turned into Human Resources in the Bernard Office Building or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefit Election Resources
View insurance options for university employees.
Decision Making and Enrollment Tools
View resources to assist in health plan and provider selection.
Access resources for eligible expenses and reimbursements.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a voluntary, work-based program that offers free and confidential assessments, short-term counseling, referrals, and follow-up services to employees who have personal and/or work-related problems.