YOUR CONNECTION TO ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS IN THE SCIENCES
The Student Center for Science Engagement (SCSE), located in Bernard Brommel Hall (BBH) Room 247, is a friendly space where students gather to study and talk about science. At the SCSE, students form study groups, receive tutoring and get individualized guidance on preparing for science-oriented careers. Visit our office in Room BBH 235 to receive advising. You can also email email@example.com or call (773) 442-5636 in order to ask questions or schedule an advising appointment via phone or video chat.
Another option is to schedule a meeting with one of the SCSE staff directly (by clicking on one of the links below):
- Laura West, STEM Transfer Advisor
Central to the mission of the SCSE is to support the academic success and career development of Northeastern students. In particular, the SCSE assists students interested in or with a major or minor in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
Students are supported as they prepare for graduate school and jobs that leverage their scientific training.
What SCSE Offers
- Mentorship and advising on academic and professional topics
- Virtual and in-person tutoring in science and math courses and a summer GRE preparation class
- Professional development workshops and webinars on topics, such as applying for internships, preparing for graduate school and searching for jobs in the STEM fields
- Guidance on summer research and internship opportunities
- Support to attend and present research at scientific conferences
- Assistance with graduate school exploration and application
- Introduction to professional opportunities and guest speakers discussing exciting career possibilities
To enhance your overall experience in the STEM fields at Northeastern visit the SCSE where you will find support that can make a difference!
The Student Center for Science Engagement was established in 2008 with an award from the Department of Education’s College Cost Reduction and Access Act (CCRAA) for Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) grants.