Welcome to Project Success
Studying at Northeastern Illinois University opens doors to interacting with one of the most ethnically diverse university communities in the Midwest, and provides course content and opportunities for global experience. Our faculty is dedicated to excellence in instruction, research and public service.
Project Success was established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, the main focus was to recruit and retain African American students. Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities and backgrounds, making it one of the most diverse programs on campus.
Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that build a strong academic and social foundation and transition into the collegiate environment. Each student receives attentive academic advising, enrollment in three-credit skills building and transition seminar courses, access to academic peer mentors and tutoring services from the Learning Success Center and the Math Development Program, as well as, skill building workshops and priority consideration for all Northeastern Illinois University Summer Bridge Programs.
Our goal is student SUCCESS!
Individualized Academic Advising
Each student meets with our Program Specialists at least 2 times a semester to receive guidance on a variety of issues, including: developing an academic plan, setting up their course registration, discussing academic performance, finding university support resources and help with other issues inside and outside of school, and much more.
Project Success Offers:
- A merit-based scholarship
- Attentive and holistic academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to Co-curricular programs and events
- Ability to participate in academic skill building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Support from Academic Peer Mentors
- Caring, supportive and enthusiastic staff members