Welcome to Project Success
Established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, the main focus was to recruit and retain African American students. Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities and backgrounds, making it one of the most diverse programs on campus. Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that help retain students by providing support services that help students build a strong academic and social foundation while they are transitioning into the collegiate environment.
Project Success Offers:
- A merit-based scholarship
- Attentive academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to Academic Peer Mentors
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to academic skills building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Social and Northeastern school spirit programs and events
- Multicultural and performing arts activities for Project Success students
- Caring, supportive and enthusiastic staff members
Questions? Contact us at (773) 442-4980.
An admissions formula that contains an applicant's grade point average and SAT or ACT score is used to determine eligibility for freshman admission to Northeastern Illinois University.
To apply, you must submit an application and fee, along with all documents and materials identified in the ‘Freshman Applicants’ portion of the Northeastern admission application.
For more information about the program, please call (773) 442-4980.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Take the tour
4 days agoNortheastern Illinois University’s El Centro and Carruthers Center locations will be featured in the annual Open House Chicago event this weekend. Read about their participation,…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Looking greener
Friday, October 5, 2018The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies is looking a little greener these days after the installation of a solar hot water system.…
Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation grant funds solar hot water system at Carruthers Center
Friday, October 5, 2018With the aid of a $20,000 grant from the Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation and a $34,840 contribution by the NEIU Student Green Fee Fund,…