Welcome to Project Success
Established in 1968 as an educational access and equity program, the main focus was to recruit and retain African American students. Today, Project Success remains dedicated to access and equity by serving students of all races, ethnicities, nationalities and backgrounds, making it one of the most diverse programs on campus. Project Success also continues its tradition of creating innovative student support services that help retain students by providing support services that help students build a strong academic and social foundation while they are transitioning into the collegiate environment.
Project Success Offers:
- A merit-based scholarship
- Attentive academic advising
- A three-credit academic skills building and transition course
- Access to Academic Peer Mentors
- Access to exclusive tutoring programs in the Learning Support Center and the Math Development Program
- Access to academic skills building workshops
- Priority consideration for all Northeastern Summer Transition Programs
- Social and Northeastern school spirit programs and events
- Multicultural and performing arts activities for Project Success students
- Caring, supportive and enthusiastic staff members
Questions? Contact us at (773) 442-4980.
An admissions formula that contains an applicant's grade point average and SAT or ACT score is used to determine eligibility for freshman admission to Northeastern Illinois University.
To apply, you must submit an application and fee, along with all documents and materials identified in the ‘Freshman Applicants’ portion of the Northeastern admission application.
For more information about the program, please call (773) 442-4980.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Water quality research
14 hours agoNortheastern Illinois University is currently executing 15 projects funded by the National Science Foundation. Read about one of those projects that sent a faculty member…
Earth Science professor, student return from groundwater research project in Mexico
1 day agoWith the help of a National Science Foundation grant, Northeastern Illinois University Associate Professor of Earth Science Kenneth Voglesonger completed his second successful Research Experience…
Northeastern Illinois University again ranks in Top 15 nationally for least debt
3 days agoNortheastern Illinois University students graduate with the 12th-lowest student loan debt nationally among public four-year colleges and universities and the lowest debt among all Illinois…