THE SCSE: YOUR CONNECTION TO ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS IN THE SCIENCES
The Student Center for Science Engagement (SCSE) is a friendly space where students gather to study and talk about science, located in Bernard Brommel Hall (BBH), Room 247. At the SCSE, students form study groups, receive tutoring and get individualized guidance on preparing for science-oriented careers. Visit our office in Bernard Brommel Hall, Room 235.
Central to the mission of the SCSE is to support the academic challenges and career development of NEIU students. In particular, the SCSE assists students interested in or majoring in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
Students are supported as they prepare for graduate school and jobs that leverage their scientific training. In the words of one Northeastern science student: “The SCSE offers great opportunities to learn and gain valuable experience.”
- Mentorship, advising and assistance with academic and professional questions.
- Tutoring in science and math courses, and summer GRE preparation class.
- Professional development workshops such as The Summer Internship, Your Graduate School Application, and Creating a LinkedIn Profile.
- Guidance on summer research opportunities.
- Assistance with scientific conferences.
- Support with graduate school exploration and application.
- Introduction to professional opportunities. Guest speakers discuss exciting career possibilities.
- Science magazines and fun articles on current science topics.
To enhance your overall experience in the sciences at Northeastern visit the SCSE where you will find support that can make a difference!
The Student Center for Science Engagement was established in 2008 with an award from the Department of Education’s College Cost Reduction and Access Act (CCRAA) for Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) grants.
Noteworthy at Northeastern: #Proud2beNEIU
5 days agoProud to be NEIU Day is coming on April 26. If you don’t already have enough reasons to be proud, this week’s edition of Noteworthy…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Spring highlights
Friday, April 13, 2018Onto every great university, a little snow must fall. And so began the week at Northeastern Illinois University. We end the week with decidedly warmer weather,…
Northeastern’s MARC program quickly building national reputation
Thursday, April 12, 2018Ryan Borchert wanted two things before he would enroll in college: a little more money, and a little more maturity. After serving six years in…