During Fall 2021, students can work with any LSC tutor in person or online.
How to contact the LSC to make an appointment
To make an appointment, students can
- Call us at (773) 442-4568 or (773) 442-4492
- Use Nmail Chat to chat with us at lsc@
- Visit us in the Ronald Williams Library, fourth floor
Tutor availability will differ depending on the type of tutoring offered.
- 1-4 p.m. Sunday
- 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday
More About LSC
The Learning Success Center (LSC) provides peer-directed academic tutoring in the following areas:
- General Education courses
- Writing Intensive Program courses
- Math development and college-level math
The primary emphases are promoting active learning strategies, encouraging student engagement, and providing content support. Academic support is provided to students who are seeking assistance with understanding course concepts and preparing assignments, along with developing an improved learning system for college which includes motivation, academic engagement, brain-based habits for college learning, and learning strategies for note taking, textbook reading, and test taking.
Tutors are graduate and undergraduate students who are carefully selected on the basis of their own academic achievement by faculty and given supervision, training, and support to serve as tutors. Additionally, the LSC provides all NEIU students an area for learning groups and an opportunity to learn with other students.