Welcome to Proyecto Pa'Lante!!
Proyecto Pa’Lante serves freshman students from all backgrounds during their first years at NEIU as they make the transition from high school to college. Students in Proyecto Pa'Lante complete a college success seminar their first semester, and receive holistic advising from a bilingual and bicultural staff focused on Latina/o identity development, leadership skills, academic success, major exploration, and intercultural competencies. Proyecto Pa'Lante is a great program for students who want a strong start to their college career and are either interested in learning about, or are from, US Latino communities.
focused on the Success Latina/o and first-generation college students
Proyecto Pa’Lante supports the academic, professional and personal growth of students during their first two years of college while they decide on an academic major.
Proyecto Pa’Lante provides students with:
- A 3-credit seminar class focused on “How to be successful in college.”
- Holistic advising and mentoring from a bilingual and bicultural staff.
- Accurate and valuable information about transitioning and excelling in college.
- Support choosing a major and pursuing educational goals.
- Eligibility for the Proyecto Pa’Lante Scholarship.
- Assistance finding and applying for scholarships at NEIU.
- Guidance on navigating university offices and services.
Through each of these services, Proyecto Pa’lante remains focused on its objective to enhance students' scholastic achievement and ensure their persistence to graduation.
How to Apply/Become a Proyecto pa'Lante student
To be eligible to participate in Proyecto Pa’Lante, students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a first semester freshman student
- Be admitted to Northeastern Illinois University
- Indicate Proyecto Pa’Lante as your success program of choice on your Intent to Enroll form.
For more information on applying to Northeastern Illinois University, please visit the NEIU admissions website. For more information about the Proyecto Pa’Lante program, please call our office at (773) 442-5460 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org