Northeastern Illinois University’s Child Care Center is dedicated to providing the children of students, faculty and staff of Northeastern and the surrounding community with loving care and a high quality early childhood education.
The Child Care Center is an important part of the University that provides a laboratory situation where students can receive practical, guided experience in working with young children in toddler, preschool, kindergarten and summer child care programs.
The Center follows Piaget’s philosophy of teaching where your child will learn by doing and playing. Your child will have the opportunity to engage in free play as well as planned individual and group activities that encourage growth in social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Our program gives your child many opportunities in play, either by himself/herself or with others. In all the activities—including readiness in reading, math, science, art, cooking and music—the children are encouraged to explore, experiment and work out solutions in their own ways.
Our Child Care Center features:
- Accreditation and licensure by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services [coming soon: Accreditation by ExceleRate Illinois]
- Small class sizes and low teacher-to-child ratios
- Passionate and experienced teachers
- Leading scientifically-based curriculum
- A population richly diverse in ethnicity, culture and language