Daniel L. Goodwin College of Education Programs
NEIU offers a wide variety of majors, minors, graduate programs and certificates to students who aspire to become educators, counselors, health professionals, and leaders who think critically and serve others with empathy and a social justice mindset.
Learn more about our programs by clicking on the dropdowns below and by exploring any and all of the links that are available throughout this website.
With 11 degrees and eight minors, undergraduate programs in the Goodwin College of Education provide high-quality pathways to careers in PreK-12 teaching, community services, health programming and human resource management. All PreK-12 teacher licensure programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, the premier accrediting body approved by the U.S. Department of Education
HEALTH, COMMUNITY AND HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT - DEGREES and MINORS
TEACHER LICENSURE: B.A. DEGREES
- Early Childhood Education, B.A.
- Elementary Education, B.A.
- Elementary Education with Bilingual Education Endorsement, B.A.
- Middle Level Education, B.A.
- Physical Education PreK-12 Licensure, B.A.
- Secondary Education, Accelerated M.A. Pathway
- Special Education, B.A.
- Spanish, Art, and Music Education Pre-K-12 Licensure, B.A.
TEACHER LICENSURE: Subsequent Endorsements AND Minors
With 18 degrees, 10 certificates and/or endorsements, and three non-degree options, graduate programs in the Goodwin College of Education provide flexible and student-focused pathways to careers in counseling, PreK-12 teaching, community services, health education and programming, human resource management, and educational leadership. Teacher licensure and educational leadership programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, the premier accrediting body approved by the U.S. Department of Education. Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
Advanced Professional Development for Teachers
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling, M.A.
- Couple and Family Counseling, M.A.
- Certificate in Rehabilitation Counseling
- Rehabilitation Counseling, M.A.
- School Counseling, M.A.
- Addiction Counseling Certificate
- Couple and Family Counseling, Graduate Certificate
- School Counselor Endorsement, Non-Degree
- Trauma-Informed Counseling, Graduate Certificate
HEALTH, COMMUNITY AND HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
TEACHER LICENSURE: DEGREE PROGRAMS
TEACHER LICENSURE: NON-DEGREE PATHWAYS
SUBSEQUENT ENDORSEMENTS FOR TEACHERS
- School Health, Graduate Certificate
- Reading Teacher Endorsement, PK-12
- Special Education - LBS I Focus Program
- Special Education, LBS II Endorsements
- Teacher Leader Endorsement
- Focus Programs in Bilingual Education, Physical Education, Computer Science and Other Teaching Fields
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Graduate Certificate (ESL)
- Teaching Endorsements With M.A. Degrees in Biology, English, History and Other Academic Disciplines