Organized and led by Dr. Jo Ann Karr, the Daniel L. Goodwin College of Education provides free ILTS Content Exam workshops for enrolled students during the fall, spring and summer semesters. The activities take place on Zoom and are designed to provide strategies and other supports for successfully completing the ILTS exams required for teacher licensure in Illinois. Registration takes place at the start of every semester.
PREPARATION FOR THE ILTS CONTENT AREA EXAM – Fall 2023
A series of free, weekly Content Exam Prep workshops via Zoom will begin the week of Aug. 27, 2023. Each workshop will have a different topic with practice questions. Ongoing registration available through October.
Workshops for an effective approach to the Content Exam:
- Understand the Exam subareas’ test objectives
- Assess your readiness and become familiar with the nature of the questions through the review of sample questions
- Practice strategies for analyzing questions to sort out answer options
- Preview of materials and online resources to refresh and fill in knowledge gaps
- Consider techniques to reduce stress and test anxiety
- Participate in mini lessons with special emphasis on literacy knowledge subareas/objectives
- Forum for finding study partners to continue review of content materials.
Registration implies you plan to attend the workshop series after receiving confirmation. Consult the registration form for day/times available. If you are not able to attend the workshops after registration, please email your change as soon as possible. You can come to as many sessions as you find useful throughout the full term. There will be a different topic and test-taking strategies with practice questions each week.
Zoom Interactive Workshops conducted by Test Prep and Literacy Coach Dr. Jo Ann Karr. Additional special topic workshops are provided by Professors Mary Bortz and Angela Maglaris.
Confirmation of space reserved, if available, will be sent. For further information, email Dr. Karr at email@example.com.