Upon complete of the program, the student will meet current State of Illinois standards for Early Childhood Education (ECED) licensure.
The student will:
- Develop skills, insights and attitudes crucial to effective teaching of young children
- Develop knowledge of the education of young children from birth to eight years of age
- Become aware of Early Childhood education program models and designs
- Develop necessary pedagogical competencies for teaching young children
- Utilize current research and exposure to classroom practices to understand how young children develop and learn
- Become familiar with the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), its principles, guidelines and ethics for working with young children.
Northeastern is an entitled institution for the Gateways to Opportunity ECE Credential Levels 2, 3, 4 and 5. The entitlement, which runs through 2023, means that students have the opportunity to qualify for Illinois state-recognized credentials as they take courses or complete the Early Childhood Education, B.A.
The Early Childhood Education, B.A. is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
The Goodwin College of Education offers flexible day, evening and weekend classes.
Students get personalized attention from skilled professors in small class sizes, and gain connections to internships, career fairs and educational conferences.
Northeastern offers an affordable tuition and convenient urban locations accessible by car or public transportation.
Take a closer look at the Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education and the courses offered toward the degree.
If you are interested in the program or have questions, please contact Teacher Education at (773) 442-5380.
Northeastern Illinois University is home to students from all corners of the world and is one of the most ethnically diverse universities in the nation. Our small class sizes, flexible schedules and dedicated faculty can help you succeed in your studies.
We offer an education with value.