Multimedia Learning Resource Center (MLRC)
The MLRC is open whenever the library is open. Consult the library’s hours for specific days and times.
During the summer 2017 term, technical assistance is generally available in the MLRC during the following days and times:
- Monday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
For help with a specific project or to set up an appointment for assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Located on the 3rd floor of the Ronald Williams Library, the Multimedia Learning Resource Center (MLRC) provides technical assistance and access to a variety of audiovisual equipment and digital editing media in support of class projects, research, and University initiatives. The MLRC also houses the Library's multimedia collection and operates a Multimedia Recording Studio. The lab is open to current NEIU students, faculty, staff, and Alumni at the Blue and Gold level or higher.
Online materials for music students and research help are featured in the Music Research Guide.
Materials in the MLRC include the following:
- audio CDs, cassettes, and phonograph records
- DVDs and videotapes
- multimedia software
- Recital Hall Performances
- Margaret Farish Collection of 20th Century Music for Students
- Sylvie Koval Memorial Collection of String Chamber Music
- Gomberg-Koval Chamber Music Collection
The MLRC offers the NEIU community the following services:
- support for the Multimedia Recording Studio
- preview room reservations (limit three people)
- technical support and training
- special services and software for people with disabilities
Multimedia course reserves are now held at the 1st floor Circulation Desk. Preview rooms are available on the 3rd floor in the MLRC lab for viewing VHS and DVDs.
The MLRC offers the NEIU community the following equipment:
- image scanners
- black & white printer
- keyboards for recording original music
- preview rooms for viewing videos and DVDs on reserve
- Mac workstations for using educational software
- high-end audio stations for listening to and duplicating materials
- PC and Mac workstations to support a range of digital audio and video applications
- equipment for people with disabilities
Tripods and video cameras are available for checkout at the 1st floor Circulation Desk.
The MLRC computers have specialized multimedia software including, but not limited to:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe Acrobat X Pro
- Adobe Captivate 6
- Final Cut Pro
- CRSP (Center for Research in Security Prices)
- Freedom Scientific JAWS (Job Access With Speech) 12.0
- Lectora Inspire
- Make Music Finale 2012
- TechSmith Camtasia Studio 8
For a full listing and software locations, see the list of software in the MLRC.
Record professional-quality video, audio, and interactive projects in our Multimedia Recording Studios.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org