Multimedia Learning Resource Center (MLRC)
Located on the 3rd floor of the Ronald Williams Library and operated by the Library Tech Desk, the Multimedia Learning Resource Center (MLRC) provides access to a variety of audiovisual equipment and digital editing media in support of class projects, research, and University initiatives. The MLRC also houses the Library's multimedia collection and a Multimedia Recording Studio.
- Recital Hall performances
- Margaret Farish Collection of 20th Century Music for Students
- Sylvie Koval Memorial Collection of String Chamber Music
- Gomberg-Koval Chamber Music Collection
- VHS, audio CDs, cassettes and phonograph records
Online materials for music students and research help are featured in the Music Research Guide.
Multimedia course reserves are now held at the 1st floor Circulation Desk. Preview rooms are available on the 3rd floor in the MLRC lab for viewing VHS and DVDs.
The MLRC offers the NEIU community the following equipment:
- keyboards for recording original music
- high-end audio stations for listening to and duplicating materials
- PC and Mac workstations to support a range of digital audio and video applications
- preview rooms for viewing videos and DVDs on reserve
Tripods and video cameras are available for checkout at the 1st floor Circulation Desk.
The MLRC computers have specialized multimedia software including, but not limited to:
- Lectora Inspire
- Make Music Finale 2012
- Naxos Sheet Music Viewer
- TechSmith Camtasia Studio 8
Record professional-quality video, audio, and interactive projects in our Multimedia Recording Studios.
The MLRC is open whenever the Library is open. Consult the Library’s hours for specific days and times.
The MLRC is not staffed. If you require technical assistance, please visit the Library Tech Desk during drop-in hours or request an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require assistance with the collection, please visit the Reference Desk on the 1st floor or call (773) 442-4410.