NEIU Faculty Publications and Creative Works Recognition for works in 2020
The 2021 Online Recognition Presentation will launch on March 31, 2021
The deadline to submit materials for publications and creative works produced during the 2020 calendar year to your dean is Friday, Feb. 26, 2021. Earlier submissions are greatly appreciated.
Since 2004, the Provost and the Dean of Libraries have hosted a reception in the spring, honoring faculty who were published or who released a creative work in the previous calendar year. Calls for submissions are sent out each January. Due to continued pandemic restrictions, this year the recognition will again be in the form of an online presentation.
The guidelines for submission are as follows:
Eligible publication/release dates
- Published/released works from the previous two calendar years are eligible if they have not been recognized previously.
- Published/released works are eligible when they are published/released, not when they are submitted for consideration.
- Works in preparation are not eligible but will be recognized for the year they are published/released.
Authors/creators must be an active or retired NEIU faculty member or University administrator with faculty status when work is published or released. Faculty members include tenured/tenure-track faculty, emeriti/retired faculty, instructors, academic resource professionals, adjuncts, or University administrators with faculty status.
- Faculty member must be author, co-author, editor, co-editor or illustrator as noted on title page or cover of book.
- Faculty member must be author or co-author of peer-reviewed journal article or book chapter.
For other creative works
The dean of the faculty member's academic appointment or their designee(s) will have final determination regarding the eligibility of the creative work based on the type of work and the faculty member's relationship to it (artist, performer, director, etc.).
Types of materials
- Print or electronic books in the faculty member's discipline. Revised editions are included. The Library will purchase the book for the collection.
- Published book chapters in the faculty member's discipline (print or electronic). The Library will purchase the book for the collection.
- Peer-reviewed journal articles in the faculty member's discipline (print or electronic). The Library may or may not subscribe to the journal.
- Published lab manuals in the faculty member's discipline (print or electronic)
- Published textbooks in the faculty member's discipline (print or electronic)
- Creative Works in the faculty member's discipline (including music recordings) that meet applicable department standards. The Library will purchase music CDs for the collection.
- All submissions must include the information requested on the online form, including name, faculty rank, department affiliation, contact information and the citation information of the publication or a description of the creative work. A recent digital photo of the faculty member is also requested. Faculty members may contact Marketing to schedule a photo session.
- The library will receive submissions sent via the online form. Any materials about which there are eligibility questions will be forwarded to the dean of the appropriate college for final approval. Any questions regarding the eligibility guidelines above should be directed to the dean of the faculty member's academic appointment as well.
- For books please include an ISBN if possible. A copy of the book will be purchased for the Library, but the loan of a personal copy may be requested if the book is still on order by the submission deadline. Personal copies of books will be returned to the author after the event.
- For book chapters please provide complete citation information of the book and book chapter (including ISBN if possible). A copy of the book will be purchased for the Library, but the loan of a personal copy may be requested if the book is still on order by the submission deadline. Personal copies of books will be returned to the author after the event.
- For peer-reviewed journal articles please provide complete citation information of journal article(s).
- For other creative works please complete the requested information, including an adequate description to identify the work(s) for the event program.
- Deans or their designee(s) who receive an email regarding an online submission's eligibility shall check over the information and respond to the Library Administration office regarding whether the work has been accepted and confirmed.
- Deadlines will vary each year depending on the date of the event. In order to assist the Library in organizing the event, submissions and materials should be sent as soon as possible to allow the Library sufficient time to create the online presentation. No submissions will be accepted by the Library after the deadline. Late submissions can be resubmitted for recognition the following year.
- The Library requests that a file of each eligible submission be made available for publication within the NEIU Digital Commons, whenever possible.
Each individual submission must be made using the online form. You are required to sign in with your Nmail Google account in order to complete the form.