- Laptop pick-up and drop-off are by appointment only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or use our calendar app to make arrangements.
- The Laptop Loan service is generally available from noon to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Reservations for a laptop are first come, first served.
- Laptops are available to currently enrolled NEIU students only. Laptop use is non-transferrable.
- At check out, all students must present 1) a valid government-issued ID and 2) proof of current enrollment.
Loan Periods and Limits
- Subject to availability, laptops may be borrowed for a maximum of seven (7) days.
- There are no laptop renewals.
Liability and Damages
- All components of the laptop must be returned in order to be considered fully checked in.
- After the Library’s reasonable attempts to recover overdue equipment fail, laptops will be presumed lost. To avoid University sanctions and criminal prosecution, the equipment must be returned immediately or the replacement fee paid in full pursuant to the State of Illinois Property Control Act 30 ILCS 605 and University Property Control Policy F1.09.
- The replacement fee for a laptop is $1,544, and the replacement fee for the cord is $35.
Data Management and Release of Liability
- The NEIU Library is not responsible for any liability, damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from use of the device.
- Any data you wish to save must be saved to a flash drive, emailed to yourself, or saved onto your Google Drive/cloud service (OneDrive, Amazon, etc.). Documents or downloads will be wiped from the laptop once it is returned to the library.
Device Usage Guidelines and Restrictions
- This equipment will be used for University-related educational purposes only and in accordance with state and University policies.
- Only the NEIU Library Tech Desk may provide technical service for the device.
- Tampering with library equipment, including security functions, is prohibited.
Lending Conditions and Termination of Agreement
- The Library reserves the right to refuse to lend a laptop to anyone who abuses equipment or is repeatedly late in returning electronic devices.
- The NEIU Libraries reserve the right to terminate this agreement at any time and for any reason.