Submit a Formal Complaint
For complaints that are not about the Library, please visit the Dean of Students' Conflict Resolution Services page.
Prior to completing a Formal Complaint Form, the complainant is to first meet in the Library Administration Office with the staff person responsible for complaints in hopes of gaining a resolution.
If after that meeting the complainant is dissatisfied with the outcome, the following steps are to be followed:
- A complaint may be submitted in writing to the Library Administration Office by completing a Formal Complaint Form.
- When a person submits a complaint, he/she must also provide their name, contact information and attach any related documents.
- After a complaint is submitted, the complainant will meet with the Dean, an Assistant Dean, or Coordinator to review the matter and be informed of the process.
- The assigned staff member will then investigate the nature of the complaint, contact all necessary parties, and report back to the complainant with the outcome.
- Additional follow-up will take place at the complainant's request until the matter is resolved.
All completed complaint forms are kept on file in the Library Administration Office.
If you have further questions, please contact Lisa Wallis, Acting Dean of Libraries, (773) 442-4571.