Music Scholarship Audition Dates:
Saturday, Feb. 23, 2019
Saturday, April 13, 2019
To schedule your music scholarship audition date and time, contact Sasha Gerritson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Undergraduate Admission (Music Ed, Performance, Bachelor of Arts)
Two contrasting pieces from the solo piano repertoire, comparable in difficulty to these minimum levels, works listed are only guidelines. (Memorization preferred but not required.)
1. A work from the Baroque era: J.S. Bach - Selections from the Anna Magdalena Notebook, Clavierbüchlein, suite dance movements, Kleine Präludien und Fughetten, or Inventions; any Prelude and Fugue from the Well-Tempered Clavier, or a sonata by Scarlatti or Soler.
2. A movement from a Classical Era Sonata/Sonatina: Clementi, Kuhlau, Haydn, Beethoven or Mozart, or a set of variations.
3. A work from the Romantic Era: Schumann or Tchaikovsky selections from the Album for the Young, Grieg Lyric Pieces, Mendelssohn Songs without Words, Chopin Preludes, Nocturnes or Mazurkas; Chopin Etudes, Brahms Waltzes, Intermezzi or Rhapsodies, Liszt Consolations or Liebesträume, Mendelssohn Songs Without Words, Schubert Waltzes or Impromptus, Schumann Fantasiestücke or Papillons.
4. A work from the 20th century to present: Debussy Preludes or Suite Bergamasque, Bartok Allegro Barbaro or Suite, Gershwin Preludes, Ginastera American Preludes, Muczynski Preludes, Prokofiev Visions Fugitives, Bartok Mikrokosmos, Kabalevsky Children's Pieces, Prokofiev Music for Children.
For Graduate Admission (M.A. Piano Pedagogy)
Choose 2-3 from the following (memorization required):
1. J.S. Bach – any Prelude and Fugue from The Well-Tempered Clavier, or other.
2. Major work Classical – any sonata by Beethoven, Haydn, Mozart or Schubert, etc.
3. Romantic – any substantial work by Chopin, Brahms, Liszt, Schumann or Mendelssohn, etc.
4. 20th/21st century – any major work by Bartók, Ginastera, Schönberg, Liebermann, Prokofiev, Rzewski, Crumb, Webern, Carter, etc.
Dance Scholarship Audition Date:
Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
4-5:30 p.m., Room FA 141
For information on dance scholarships email Dance Program Coordinator Jamie Farrell at email@example.com or call (773) 442-5983.