Connecting students to classes at three NEIU locations
Northeastern Illinois University has partnered with Uber to provide students with rides to and from class between the Main Campus, El Centro and the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies. We are pleased to announce that the NEIU Ride With Uber program will return for the Spring 2020 semester. The program will continue to operate as a pilot program and will run from Jan. 6 through May 2.
- NEIU Ride With Uber is available only to currently enrolled students.
- NEIU Ride With Uber is available only for travel between three NEIU locations.
- NEIU Ride With Uber is available only for the purpose of attending class.
- NEIU employees utilizing class benefits are not eligible for Uber rides through this program.
- Students must complete a NEIU Ride With Uber request form.
- NEIU Ride With Uber request forms are available at the Welcome Desk in Village Square on the Main campus, at the Welcome Desk in the first-floor lobby at El Centro, and at the administrative office on the third floor at the Carruthers Center.
- Students must identify a "Primary NEIU Location" on the request form (where a majority of classes are taken).
- Rides will be approved only from the Primary NEIU Location to (and/or returning from) one of the other locations for the purpose of attending class.
- Student must provide a "Statement of Need" on the request form providing a description of the need for transportation to/from class.
- A valid Northeastern ID card must be presented at the time a request form is submitted.
- Ride requests received by Dec. 19, 2019, will be processed before the start of the Spring 2020 semester.
- Ride requests received during the beginning of the Spring 2020 semester will be processed within two business days.
- Ride requests must be received by 11:59 p.m. Jan. 17, 2020. Requests received after this date will be subject to further review and may not be approved.
- The NEIU Ride With Uber request form is subject to review, enrollment verification and class registration prior to approval.
- Once the request is approved, NEIU will issue a customized Uber voucher to the student.
- A link to the customized Uber voucher will be sent to the student’s Nmail address.
- Once the Uber voucher has been claimed, the student will be able to schedule an Uber ride during the specific dates and times in order to attend class.
- Northeastern will cover the cost of the ride(s) taken within the parameters established for the customized Uber voucher.
- Students must have an active Uber account to participate.
- The Uber app can be downloaded at:
Uber terms and conditions apply and will be outlined in the Uber voucher confirmation email. Students must complete, sign and accept the terms and conditions outlined in the NEIU Ride With Uber request form.
Pick-up and drop-off locations
Bryn Mawr Place
3621 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
Main entrance of the Carruthers Center
700 E. Oakwood Blvd.
Main entrance of El Centro
Uber Voucher User Guide
For information on how to use your customized Uber voucher, please see the Uber Voucher User Guide.
The NEIU Ride With Uber program is funded by the Student Union Fee and is being run as a pilot program during the Spring 2020 semester by the Student Union, Event and Conference Services office. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions pertaining to the NEIU Ride With Uber Program.