Welcome to Career Development!
Career Development empowers the Northeastern Illinois University community by providing excellent opportunities for career exploration.
We offer many virtual career resources and services to Northeastern students and alumni such as:
- Assistance in choosing a major or career path
- Resume and cover letter writing help
- Mock interviews, career search strategies and networking
- Webinars, career fairs and other career-related events
- Building meaningful connections between students and employers
Career Development assists Northeastern Illinois University students and alumni in developing appropriate major and career options through virtual individual appointments, assessments, career fairs, webinars, and many other internal and external events.
You can schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with a Career Development staff member through your Handshake account! Claim your account by going to Handshake and enter your NEIUport credentials and NEIU email address. Click on the Northeastern banner to find the appointment tab. If you have any issues, please contact us at (773) 442-4680, or email@example.com. Career Development is open 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Northeastern Illinois University has launched the career services management platform Handshake, a modern career development platform, and your one-stop shop for launching your career goals.
Handshake is the No. 1 career platform for students and alumni. It encompasses a large-scale network with more than seven million student users and access to more than 500,000 employers. Handshake offers new features, enabling you to:
- Access personalized job recommendations based on your major and interests
- Register for career fairs, on-campus, off-campus, and nationwide industry events
- Manage on-campus interviews with top companies and connect directly with employers
- Schedule appointments with your career coordinators.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact NEIU Career Development at (773) 442-4680 or firstname.lastname@example.org