About Stage Center Theatre
The theatre program of Northeastern Illinois University is an integral part of a liberal arts education. Participation in Stage Center is open to all Northeastern students. The productions in the Stage Center Theatre are mounted by majors and minors from the Department of Communication, Media and Theatre as well as students from all the colleges within the University. Whether participating on stage or behind the scenes, students develop skills that will serve them well in all facets of life after graduation.
The Stage Center Theatre Season includes our mainstage productions, and the Children’s Theatre Workshop.
Tickets for Stage Center Theatre
Seniors/NEIU Alumni w/ Alumni ID...............$10
Non-NEIU students with valid student ID......$8
Children 14 and under...................................$6
Tickets for NEIU faculty, students, and staff are free, but must be picked up at the NEIU Welcome Desk and Box Office prior to the show or at the Stage Center Theatre box office on the night of the performance using their NEIU ID card.
Getting to Stage Center Theatre
Stage Center Theatre is located in the F Building of Northeastern Illinois University.
NEIU is easy to find. It is located in a quiet residential neighborhood at 5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. First-time visitors are encouraged to get a map and parking regulations from the University Police Department or Parking Office (see map).
BY BUS AND "L" FROM CHICAGO'S LOOP
Take the Ravenswood (Brown Line) train to Kimball, and transfer to the CTA bus going north on Kimball. Get off at Bryn Mawr and walk two blocks west.
- From the North: Take 41 south to I-94 east and exit at Peterson east (41B). Proceed on Peterson to Pulaski and turn right (south). Take Pulaski south to Bryn Mawr and turn left (east) to the campus.
- From the Northwest: Take I-90 east to the Austin exit. At the stop sign, turn left and follow the street around to the light at Foster. Turn left (east) on Foster. Proceed on Foster past Pulaski and turn left onto the NEIU campus.
- From the West: Take I-88 east to I-290 east, to I-94 west. Exit Peterson east (41B). Proceed on Peterson to Pulaski and turn right (south). Take Pulaski south to Bryn Mawr and turn left (east) to the campus.
- From the South: Take I-94 west to Peterson and exit east. Proceed on Peterson to Pulaski and turn right (south). Take Pulaski to Bryn Mawr and turn left (east) to the campus.
Parking on campus
Parking for visitors, vendors and community members is available in spaces designated as Blue Zone and Green Zone. Virtual permits are available for sale via the phone app. You may purchase Blue Zone virtual parking permits online or in the Parking Office, which is located on the north side of the Parking Facility. Blue Zone virtual permits are valid in Green Zones.
Blue Zone virtual daily permits cost $5 per day. Please visit the Campus Parking Locations and Maps page to view our on-campus parking options.
Mobile pay for parking has officially launched on the Northeastern Illinois University campus. All you need to pay for parking is your phone.
You can get started with the app in just a few steps:
- First, download the free app or visit PassPort Parking to create your account.
- Quickly register in the app with your phone number, email, or directly through Facebook.
- Enter your zone number, which you will find on the signage located in your specific parking location.
- Pay for your parking.
You will receive a notification before the end of your parking session to help avoid parking citations. If you need to stay longer, you can extend your parking session directly from your phone (up to the maximum allotted time).
Noteworthy at Northeastern: Opportunity abounds
Friday, November 2, 2018Beginning in Fall 2019, Northeastern Illinois University will offer a new Golden Opportunity Scholarship that will cover up to the full cost of tuition and…
Northeastern Illinois University launches Golden Opportunity Scholarship for Fall 2019 freshmen
Thursday, November 1, 2018Northeastern Illinois University has founded the Golden Opportunity Scholarship that will cover up to the full cost of tuition and fees for qualifying freshmen beginning…
Laurie Fuller earns Northeastern’s Distinguished Teaching Award
Monday, October 29, 2018Northeastern Illinois University has selected Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies Laurie Fuller as the 2018 recipient of the Audrey Reynolds Distinguished Teaching Award. Professor Emerita of…