About Stage Center Theatre
Since 1967, Stage Center Theatre (SCT) has produced more than 250 plays on campus. Stage Center Theatre celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2017.
Stage Center Theatre is Northeastern Illinois University's (NEIU) resident producing theatre, and provides vital entertainment, enrichment, and social forum to the University and the Chicago area community. Each season, Stage Center Theatre produces a new play festival and contest, three full Main Stage productions for all audiences, and two Children’s Theatre Workshop productions for the Chicago Public Schools audiences ranging from elementary to high school students. Our participants range from NEIU students, faculty and staff in roles such as actors, stage managers, directors, designers, playwrights and technical production staff.
Supporting the mission of Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) and the pedagogical needs of the Communication, Media and Theatre Department, Stage Center Theatre (SCT) provides a professional application of theatre craft by producing challenging, dynamic and intersectional stories that drive the work of the United States and global theatrical communities. SCT storytelling centers around crucial societal questions, reflects our campus identity, and provides our audience with electric, living experiences that propel conversation, move the soul and enliven the heart. In doing so, SCT endeavors to be an expressive home for campus and community, a safe, diverse, and inclusive artistic environment, and a community beacon that underscores the pursuit of social justice in Chicago theatre and beyond.
- To become the most inclusive and innovative theatrical educational facility in the city.
- To propel and support the professional theatrical training and artistic awareness of all artists in the NEIU community.
- To be a space that values process over product and guides NEIU students to engage industry best practices.
- To become an artistic home that ensures the active representation of, listening to, and advocating for the voices of the underrepresented, marginalized, and invisible.
- To mine the value of productive discomfort in storytelling.
- To build an artistic incubator and platform that emboldens play, ownership, and new traditions.
- To spark meaningful social forum, ideas, intersection, community partnership, collaboration, and action.
Get Tickets for Stage Center Theatre
Tickets are sold through tix.com or at the Welcome Desk located on the Main Campus.
Tickets are free for current NEIU students, faculty and staff by showing your valid NEIU ID at the Welcome Desk on the Main Campus.
- General Admission........................................$12
- Non-NEIU students with valid student ID......$8
- Children 14 and under...................................$6
- NEIU Alumni with Alumni ID..........................$6
- Current NEIU Students with ID......................Free (must be purchased at Welcome Desk on the Main Campus)
- NEIU Faculty and Staff with ID......................Free (must be purchased at Welcome Desk on the Main Campus)
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
To attend performances at Stage Center Theatre you:
- Must make your ticket reservation in advance. No walk-ups permitted.
- Must properly wear a mask while indoors at all times.
- Must show proof of vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72 hours prior to attendance when checking in with the Front of House staff.
Subscriptions for Stage Center Theatre
Stage Center Gold Flex Pass
Your subscription to Stage Center Theatre puts you right in the middle of the action at a great discounted rate. The Stage Center Gold Flex Pass through tix.com earns you a discount on the standard, general admission ticket price and allows you to set your calendar with us. You can purchase up to two tickets per production, and best of all, your subscription comes with flexible dates! We know that life comes up. This way, you can join us when it works best for you!
Special Alumni Pricing
NEIU alumni receive 50% off the standard ticket price. We appreciate what you’ve contributed to our University community, so please join us this season. Simply contact Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org, Sarah at email@example.com, or reach out to our box office for more details. Our home will always be your home.
Interested in bringing a group to Stage Center Theatre? We’d love to have you! Please contact Adam firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sarah at email@example.com and ask about customized group arrangements. We’d be thrilled to help make your experience at Stage Center Theatre a special one!
Getting to Stage Center Theatre
Stage Center Theatre is located in the F Building of Northeastern Illinois University.
NEIU is easy to find. It is located in a quiet residential neighborhood at 5500 North St. Louis Avenue in Chicago, Illinois. First-time visitors are encouraged to view the Campus Map and parking regulations from the Parking Office.
BY BUS AND "L" FROM CHICAGO'S LOOP
Take the Ravenswood (Brown Line) train to Kimball, and transfer to the CTA bus going north on Kimball. Get off at Bryn Mawr and walk two blocks west.
- From the north: Take 41 south to I-94 east and exit at Peterson east (41B). Proceed on Peterson to Pulaski and turn right (south). Take Pulaski south to Bryn Mawr and turn left (east) to the campus.
- From the northwest: Take I-90 east to the Austin exit. At the stop sign, turn left and follow the street around to the light at Foster. Turn left (east) on Foster. Proceed on Foster past Pulaski and turn left onto the NEIU campus.
- From the west: Take I-88 east to I-290 east, to I-94 west. Exit Peterson east (41B). Proceed on Peterson to Pulaski and turn right (south). Take Pulaski south to Bryn Mawr and turn left (east) to the campus.
- From the south: Take I-94 west to Peterson and exit east. Proceed on Peterson to Pulaski and turn right (south). Take Pulaski to Bryn Mawr and turn left (east) to the campus.
Parking on campus
Parking for visitors, vendors and community members is available in spaces designated as Blue Zone and Green Zone. Virtual permits are available for sale via the Passport Parking phone app. You may purchase Blue Zone virtual parking permits online or in the Parking Office, which is located on the north side of the Parking Facility. Blue Zone virtual permits are valid in Green Zones.
Blue Zone virtual daily permits cost $5 per day. Please visit the Campus Parking Locations and Maps page to view our on-campus parking options.
Mobile pay for parking has officially launched on the Northeastern Illinois University Main Campus. All you need to pay for parking is your phone.
You can get started with the app in just a few steps:
- First, download the free app or visit Passport Parking to create your account.
- Quickly register in the app with your phone number, email, or directly through Facebook.
- Enter your zone number, which you will find on the signage located in your specific parking location.
- Pay for your parking.
You will receive a notification before the end of your parking session to help avoid parking citations. If you need to stay longer, you can extend your parking session directly from your phone (up to the maximum allotted time).