About Stage Center Theatre
Since 1967, Stage Center Theatre (SCT) has produced more than 250 plays on campus. 2017 rang in Stage Center Theatre's 50th Anniversary.
Stage Center Theatre is NEIU’s resident producing theatre, and provides vital entertainment, enrichment, and social forum to the University and the Chicago area community. Each season, Stage Center Theatre produces a new play festival and contest, three full Main Stage productions for all audiences, and two Children’s Theatre Workshop productions for the Chicago Public Schools audiences ranging from elementary to high school students.
Stage Center Theatre’s participants range from NEIU students, faculty and staff in roles such as actors, stage managers, directors, designers, playwrights and technical production staff.
Individual Tickets for Stage Center Theatre
- General Admission........................................$12
- Non-NEIU students with valid student ID......$8
- Children 14 and under...................................$6
- NEIU Alumni with Alumni ID..........................$6
- NEIU Students with ID...................................Free (must be purchased at Welcome Desk on Main Campus or at box office window)
- NEIU faculty and staff with ID......................Free (must be purchased at Welcome Desk on Main Campus or at box office window)
Subscriptions for Stage Center Theatre
Stage Center Gold Pack Subscription
Your subscription to Stage Center Theatre puts you right in the middle of the action at a great discounted rate. The Stage Center Gold Pack earns you a 25% discount on individual ticket prices and allows you to set your calendar with us. Best of all, your subscription comes with flexible dates! Simply call the box office and request the dates on which your tickets will be used prior to the opening performance of each production We know that life comes up. This way, you can join us when it works best for you.
We are proud this year to present our acclaimed new play festival, and a season of vital contemporary work by some of the most dynamic women in the theatre industry today. The 2019-2020 season kicks off this fall with "Nuevas Voces," which features four stunning prize-winning works by NEIU students. It continues with a new collaboration with Filament Theatre Ensemble, one of Chicago's leading family-friendly professional theatre companies on the premiere of Georgette Kelly's "how to hero, or the subway play." Spring keeps the hot new work rolling with "Native Gardens," a hilarious, challenging and provocative work by acclaimed playwright Karen Zacarías that has taken the theatre nation by storm, and concludes with the Chicago premiere of "Residence" by Laura Jacqmin, a complex story tackling the fragility of our lives with humor, depth and dynamic storytelling. Join us at SCT!
Special Alumni Pricing
NEIU alumni receive 50% off the standard ticket price. This applies to both individual ticket pricing as well as the subscription package. We appreciate what you’ve contributed to our University community, so please join us this season. Simply contact Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org, Sarah at
email@example.com, or reach out to our box office for more details. Our home will always be your home.
Interested in bringing a group to Stage Center Theatre? We’d love to have you! Please contact Adam
firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sarah at email@example.com and ask about customized group arrangements. We’d be thrilled to help make your experience at Stage Center Theatre a special one!
Getting to Stage Center Theatre
Stage Center Theatre is located in the F Building of Northeastern Illinois University.
NEIU is easy to find. It is located in a quiet residential neighborhood at 5500 North St. Louis Avenue in Chicago, Illinois. First-time visitors are encouraged to view the Campus Map and parking regulations from the Parking Office.
BY BUS AND "L" FROM CHICAGO'S LOOP
Take the Ravenswood (Brown Line) train to Kimball, and transfer to the CTA bus going north on Kimball. Get off at Bryn Mawr and walk two blocks west.
- From the north: Take 41 south to I-94 east and exit at Peterson east (41B). Proceed on Peterson to Pulaski and turn right (south). Take Pulaski south to Bryn Mawr and turn left (east) to the campus.
- From the northwest: Take I-90 east to the Austin exit. At the stop sign, turn left and follow the street around to the light at Foster. Turn left (east) on Foster. Proceed on Foster past Pulaski and turn left onto the NEIU campus.
- From the west: Take I-88 east to I-290 east, to I-94 west. Exit Peterson east (41B). Proceed on Peterson to Pulaski and turn right (south). Take Pulaski south to Bryn Mawr and turn left (east) to the campus.
- From the south: Take I-94 west to Peterson and exit east. Proceed on Peterson to Pulaski and turn right (south). Take Pulaski to Bryn Mawr and turn left (east) to the campus.
Parking on campus
Parking for visitors, vendors and community members is available in spaces designated as Blue Zone and Green Zone. Virtual permits are available for sale via the Passport Parking phone app. You may purchase Blue Zone virtual parking permits online or in the Parking Office, which is located on the north side of the Parking Facility. Blue Zone virtual permits are valid in Green Zones.
Blue Zone virtual daily permits cost $5 per day. Please visit the Campus Parking Locations and Maps page to view our on-campus parking options.
Mobile pay for parking has officially launched on the Northeastern Illinois University Main Campus. All you need to pay for parking is your phone.
You can get started with the app in just a few steps:
- First, download the free app or visit Passport Parking to create your account.
- Quickly register in the app with your phone number, email, or directly through Facebook.
- Enter your zone number, which you will find on the signage located in your specific parking location.
- Pay for your parking.
You will receive a notification before the end of your parking session to help avoid parking citations. If you need to stay longer, you can extend your parking session directly from your phone (up to the maximum allotted time).