Northeastern Illinois University offers tuition scholarships to qualified students. A limited number of these scholarships are available through the Department of Communication, Media and Theatre. The tuition scholarship exempts the recipient from paying all or a portion of the tuition charge, depending on the size of the scholarship.
First-Time Applicant Requirements
INSTRUCTIONS: This is for first-time applicants ONLY. To qualify for consideration, applicants must:
- Be accepted for admission to NEIU.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals active in the field of talent or special skill. These will be submitted through the online form!
- Submit a resume detailing experiences in any activity where you practiced skills related to communication, media, and/or theatre. This will be submitted through the online form!
- Be willing to commit to the hours of participation in the CMT Department, Media Lab, or Stage Center Theatre during the awarded semester based on the following formula: For every 1 credit hour of tuition scholarship awarded, 9 clock hours of work are required. Example: If 6 credit hours are awarded, then 54 clock hours must be logged and signed off by their assign supervisor(s).
- Complete the application and submit all application documents through the Google Form using your NetID and login.
To qualify for renewal consideration, recipient must:
- Remain in continuous attendance as a full-time or a part-time student.
- Actively participate in the designated talent area by completing the required clock hours.
- Turn in completed time-sheets to the CMT Talent/Special Skills Scholarship Coordinator, Sarah J. Fabian (Office FA 232), email@example.com, by the last day of classes for the semester awarded.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
- Fill out the End-of-the-Semester Form and include updated letters of recommendation from your current faculty supervisors
Important information on renewals:
- Failure to complete the time commitment will result in the cancellation of your renewal or retraction of your financial award.
- Renewal and awarding of Talent Scholarships is not automatic. Your award is dependent on the assessment by the Coordinator and your direct faculty supervisors of your talent and participation, how well you have assumed and completed your responsibility, and your overall academic standing.
Application PROCESS & Deadlines
- All applications and renewals are accepted on a rolling basis, which means you can apply at any time.
- To ensure consideration for the fall semester, please submit application materials by July 1.
- To ensure consideration for the spring semester, please submit application materials by Dec. 15.
If you have any questions about the CMT Talent/Special Skills scholarships, please contact Sarah J. Fabian at firstname.lastname@example.org.