Northeastern Illinois University offers tuition scholarships to qualified students. A limited number of these scholarships are available through the Department of Communication, Media and Theatre (CMT). The tuition scholarship exempts the recipient from paying all or a portion of the tuition charge, depending on the size of the scholarship.
First-Time Applicant Requirements
Instructions: This is for first-time applicants only. To qualify for consideration, you must:
- Be accepted for admission to NEIU.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an individual active in the field of talent or special skill. These will be submitted through the online form.
- Submit a resume detailing experiences in any activity where you practiced skills related to communication, media, and/or theatre. This will be submitted through the online form.
- Positions are filled based on your interests and availability as well as the needs of the department.
- Commit to the hours of participation in the Department, Media Lab, or Stage Center Theatre during the awarded semester. The required hours are approximations for each of the positions available.
Whether you are graduating from NEIU, don't wish to renew your scholarship, or you want to renew your scholarship for the upcoming term, you will need to fill out this form at the end of the semester. Your completed time sheet from this term is due by the last day of classes.
If you were not able to complete your hours for the active term, please contact me to discuss. Failure to complete your scholarship assignment can result in any of the following: crediting the hours towards the upcoming semester, no renewal, and in extremely rare instances, rescinding the awarded funds.
Please note that renewal and awarding of Talent Scholarships is not automatic. Your award is dependent on the assessment by the Department's coordinator and your supervisor(s) of your talent and participation, how well you have assumed and completed your responsibility, and your overall academic standing. You may only be awarded the scholarship eight times.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RENEWAL: Students may apply to renew their talent scholarship each semester. To qualify for renewal consideration, recipient must:
- Remain in continuous attendance as a full-time or a part-time student.
- Actively participate in the designated talent area by completing the required clock hours.
- Turn in completed time-sheets to the CMT Talent Scholarship Coordinator Sarah J. Fabian by email at email@example.com.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average.*
- Submit a new letter of recommendation from your current faculty supervisor(s).
*If your GPA drops below a 2.0, you may be offered a probationary contract for your renewal.
Application PROCESS and Deadlines
All applications and renewals are accepted on a rolling basis, which means you can apply at any time. However, for full consideration in an upcoming semester, please aim to submit your application and materials by Aug. 1 and Dec. 1.
If you have any questions about the CMT Talent/Special Skills scholarships, please contact Sarah J. Fabian at firstname.lastname@example.org.