The undergraduate Human Resource Development (HRD) major provides students with the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to design and develop performance-improvement interventions for organizations, and for the design and delivery of adult instruction. People with these skills are now being sought to provide training, education and performance development in both the public and private sectors.
Competencies that students will gain from the HRD Program include:
- Knowledge of different organizational settings and their most common change/performance issue
- Knowledge of the training, educational and development needs of organizations
- Skills in task analysis, program planning, and program design for meeting organizational needs
- Ability to use instructional methods and technology, appropriate for the learning needs of organization
- Knowledge of the variety of interventions available to accomplish change in organizations
- Sensitivity to the psychological and cultural needs of diverse populations in accomplishing organizational change