The BIG Center supports businesses from pre-launch to exit:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ideation, and proof of concept
- Growth with new product development, new markets, sales, and marketing channels with a focus on technology and digital marketing
- Commercialization and financing
- Scaling of operations
- Non-organic growth such as vertical integration, acquisitions, and joint ventures
NEIU's BIG Center also paves a path for students, alumni, and the area's local start-ups into Chicago's entrepreneurship pipelines, educational programs, and mentoring.
Read more in our BIG Center Brochure. Recruitment is now open for program participants and Center leadership.
Thinking about starting your own business or nonprofit? With a plan, your start-up is more likely to succeed. In this 12-week, noncredit course, you will create your own pitch-ready business plan.
Your course instructor will guide you through four main components with a focus on: researching your industry and competitors; developing your marketing and sales plan; devising your income statement for an ideal year; and preparing your pitch presentation.
With industry leaders who coach and mentor, you will have expertise at your fingertips and a newfound network among those who believe in our mission to empower your entrepreneurial spirit.
This is a great opportunity to shape your future and become your own boss!
Benefits of business planning at NEIU’s BIG Center:
- Focus on financial forecasting and double your chances for success!
- Make profit-enhancing entrepreneurial pivots prior to launch and/or before scaling;
- Certificate of completion from NEIU’s AACSB-accredited College of Business and Technology (adds credibility when seeking financing);
- One-to-one coaching sessions with instructors and mentors between classes to work specifically on your entrepreneurial venture;
- Be pitch-ready to attract financing including grants, loans, and equity investments.
- Publicity opportunities: BIG Center entrepreneurs were featured in NEIU press releases, on CBS News, in AARP’s national monthly magazine, in Negocios Now, and in the BIG Center newsletter.
- The training culminates with a Demo Pitch Night, to which family, friends, angel investors, local government officials, community leaders, and the press are invited;
- Review the course content for more details.
As BIG Center alumni:
- After the successful completion of the business plan non-credit courses, NEIU’s BIG Center continues to work with you to find regular opportunities to feature you and your entrepreneurial venture in publicity and other marketing opportunities.
- Access to business evaluation and several 1:1 coaching sessions.
- Opportunities to work with NEIU faculty and students on projects focused on the growth of your entrepreneurial ventures.
- Student projects can include logo design, branding consultations, Pitch Night videos, and business highlight reels depending on the resources.
Before registering and paying, complete this intake form to ensure that this course will meet your needs.
upcoming Training and WORKSHOPS
Become Your Own Boss
Business Planning for Course - New business ventures only
6-9 p.m. Thursdays, Jan. 26 - May 4, 2023
$300 for 12 weeks. Refreshments provided. In person at a campus location.
Become part of the BIG Center Leadership - Interest Meeting
For more information, contact the BIG Center.