About the Presidential Scholarship Program
The Presidential Scholarship Program attracts graduating high school seniors who demonstrate strong academic promise from the Chicago metropolitan and suburban areas. Through the support of this scholarship students are able to concentrate on their academic studies and be engaged in college life. Presidential Scholars have the opportunity to network and engage in activities which further enhance their development as students and future leaders.
The scholarship covers full in-state tuition and fees and provides a book allowance for a maximum of four academic years provided the recipient maintains a 3.50 GPA each year. The approximate value of the Presidential Scholarship is over $40,000 for four years.
How to Apply:
- Complete the Presidential Scholarship application online [neiu.academicworks.com] or download [neiu.edu/scholarships],
- including two essay questions. Provide a résumé listing academic honors, involvement in extracurricular activities and community service, and employment.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from teachers or guidance counselors.
- Semi-finalists will be invited to campus for an interview with the University Scholarship Committee.
- Admitted to Northeastern Illinois University.
- ACT composite score of 27 or higher (or SAT score of 1280).
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.35 or higher.
- Graduate/graduating senior of an Illinois high school and be an Illinois resident.
- Students who are selected to receive the scholarship are admitted into the University Honors Program. Participation and completion of requirements is mandatory.
- Recipients must maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours per semester).
- Recipients must maintain a minimum 3.50 GPA.
- Early Deadline: February 15
- Priority Deadline: March 15
- Final Deadline: April 1