The Golden Opportunity Scholarship is Northeastern Illinois University’s new scholarship program that may cover up to the full cost of tuition and fees for incoming freshmen. Take advantage of this opportunity to further your education and career aspirations. Northeastern will help you achieve your goals!
Golden Opportunity Scholarship Criteria
To be considered for the Golden Opportunity Scholarship, a prospective student must:
- submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or State Alternative Application (RISE Act);
- have not yet received a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent of 135 semester credit hours;
- not be incarcerated;
- be an Illinois resident who graduated from an Illinois high school;
- be admitted to Northeastern as an incoming, first-time, full-time freshman or transfer student;
- be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours per semester;
- have an annual household income less than eight times the poverty guideline;
- have a minimum high school or transfer academic GPA of 3.0 and maintain a minimum Northeastern academic GPA of 3.0 for the period of eligibility (four years for freshmen, two years for transfer); and
- meet Minimum Standards of Academic Progress for the period of eligibility.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions about the Golden Opportunity Scholarship.
Apply for the Golden Opportunity Scholarship
To apply for the Scholarship, prospective students must follow these two easy steps:
Step 1: Apply to Northeastern
It’s so easy — apply online! Learn about our admission requirements, our programs and how to schedule a visit.
Step 2: Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Be sure to include Northeastern’s school code 001693 on your FAFSA application.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Whether or not you qualify for the Golden Opportunity Scholarship, Northeastern offers a range of scholarships to offset the cost of tuition, fees and other expenses associated with attending college. Scholarship criteria, applications, deadlines and award amounts vary per scholarship. Take a look and see which scholarships are a match for you!