ForMs and Documents for current students
- 2023-2024 Counselor Education Student Handbook
- 2022-2023 Counselor Education Student Handbook
- 2021-2022 Counselor Education Student Handbook
- 2020-2021 Counselor Education Student Handbook
- 2019-2020 Counselor Education Student Handbook
- Northeastern Illinois University Academic Catalog
- Scholarship Information
- Through a grant from the Department of Education, the Rehabilitation Counseling program awards scholarships to rehabilitation counseling students who desire to work in the state-federal vocational rehabilitation system. The Rehabilitation Counseling program has been awarded a five-year grant through the year 2025 providing full tuition scholarships for interested students admitted to the rehab counseling program. For more information about the grant, contact Dr. Craig Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The School Counseling program has secured a $4,270,000 grant through the U.S. Department of Education through 2027. During the final academic year when school counseling students are placed in their practicum/internship school site, students can receive a $20,000 stipend and tuition for the three advanced clinical courses, if they are placed in a high-needs school. There is also grant funding for child care and transportation costs if needed. Students who receive the scholarship also participate in a series of trainings related to inclusive practices in schools. Contract Dr. Beth Gilfillan, grant adminnistrator at email@example.com for further information.
Program Planning Guides for M.A. in Counseling Programs
- Program Planning Guide: Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Program Planning Guide: Couple and Family Counseling
- Program Planning Guide: School Counseling
- Program Planning Guide: Rehabilitation Counseling
Program Planning Guides for Non-Degree Counseling Certificate and Endorsement Programs
- Program Planning Guide: Addiction Counseling Certificate
- Program Planning Guide: Certificate in Couple and Family Counseling
- Program Planning Guide: Graduate Certificate in Trauma-Informed Counseling
- Program Planning Guide: Non-Degree School Counselor Endorsement
- Program Planning Guide: Certificate in Rehabilitation Counseling
Departmental Proficiency Exam (DPE)
Students should contact their program advisor for information regarding the DPE.
- 9:00 a.m.-noon Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023
- 9:00 a.m.-noon Saturday, Feb. 3, 2024
- 9:00 a.m.-noon Saturday, June 1, 2024
GRADUATE SCHOOL RESOURCES FOR UNDOCUMENTED STUDENTS
The Dream.Us: This organization helps connect DACA and undocumented students with schools and scholarships. It also offers various guides and resources describing different steps of the higher education process.
United We Dream: United We Dream advocates for immigrants and undocumented people, developing and running various support and empowerment campaigns. Visitors and members can access resources on various topics, including education.
Citizen Path: Citizen Path offers resources related to DACA and other legal proceedings that might concern undocumented students. The organization helps immigrants apply for legal status and provides information on various related topics.
Big Future by the College Board: The College Board's Big Future site offers resources on numerous educational topics relevant to undocumented students. For example, visitors can find financial aid information and guides for applying to college.
My Undocumented Life: This volunteer-run organization offers many resources for undocumented students, including guidance on how to apply for graduate school. Its website also lists fellowships for undocumented students, as well as key information about graduate school and advice from other undocumented students.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS): USCIS publishes information on the latest legal proceedings and news regarding DACA and other immigrant-related status issues. The website offers application guidelines, tips, and other resources.