The Angelina Pedroso Center welcomes registered student organizations and University departments to hold meetings and events. The Pedroso Center is generally available from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday. Weekend and evening hours may be available upon request with advance notice and dependent on the availability of Pedroso Center staff.
Spaces Available for Reservation
NORTH LOUNGE (Room B 180)
Seats 35 comfortably in a theatre-style arrangement and 12 comfortably in a classroom-style arrangement. The space includes a computer with A/V projector. North Lounge is connected to staff offices, making it less ideal for privacy.
CONference room (ROOM b 166)
Seats 12 at maximum. The space is best suited for small discussions or business meetings. It includes a conference table, 12 rolling chairs, and a television with HDMI capability.
ENTIRE CENTEr (Room b 159)*
Seats 55 comfortably. The space includes access to a computer with A/V projector in the North Lounge and the kitchenette area (the use of the stove will need an additional approval).
*Requires additional approval from the Director of the Angelina Pedroso Center for Diversity and Intercultural Affairs.
Reservation Procedures and Policies
Reservations can be made only for the current academic year. The spaces are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Priority will be given to the Pedroso Center sponsored programs and registered student organizations whose programs align with the mission of the Angelina Pedroso Center for Diversity and Intercultural Affairs. The University community is encouraged to collaborate with the Angelina Pedroso Center for Diversity and Intercultural Affairs (APCDIA) and Student Leadership Development (SLD) units on programs and events.
The sponsoring organization or department must be present for the entire duration of the event/reservation. Outside vendors will not be permitted.
Requests for reservation should be made at least three weeks prior to the event through 25LivePro. Staff will respond within two to three business days.
Upon approval, the reserving party is required to meet the Pedroso Center staff at least one week prior to the scheduled event. Failure to do so may result in space cancellation.
The reserving party must agree to abide by the following facility guidelines:
- Staff offices are not available for use. Food or general supplies (i.e. forks, spoons, cups, tablecloths, etc.) are not provided by the Center.
- The Pedroso Center does not set-up and/or clean-up for the event.
- Wall hangings, artifacts and audiovisual equipment should not be removed, moved or damaged in any way.
- Outside chairs and tables are not generally allowed. Additional microphones, lighting, sound equipment and other A/V needs should be coordinated with Student Union, Event and Conference Services.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind are permitted without proper authorization from the University (contact Student Union, Event and Conference Services).
- Pedroso Center furniture and equipment must be returned to its original configuration at the end of the event.
- Trash should be placed in proper receptacles. For after-hours reservations, the reserving party is responsible for taking the trash out to the hallway receptacles.
Failure to follow any of the guidelines could result in the loss of future use of the Pedroso Center. The event organizers will be held responsible for any misused, damaged, broken or lost furniture, artwork, audio/visual equipment, etc.
The Pedroso Center reserves the right to approve, deny, cancel, reschedule or relocate reservations based on guidelines mentioned above, risk assessments, emergency campus closures, or any other unforeseen circumstances.
If you are interested in using a space within the Pedroso Center, please submit a reservation through 25LivePro.