Below are some reliable online resources that cover different health topics, as well as some general health resources.
Please note: These links to other sites are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. NEIU Student Health Services bears no responsibility for the quality of information provided through other sites and computer systems. Neither NEIU, Student Health Services, or the Office of Student Affairs endorse these organizations or the positions they may take on various issues.
Need to find a health center near you? Visit these websites to search for federally-funded, free, low-cost, or sliding scale health center near you.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Facts on drugs and how they abuse your body.
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration: Information on where to find treatment, links, and brochures.
- Medline Plus: Provides information about treatment, diagnosis, and coping with eating disorders from various sources.
- FoodSafety.gov: Federal food safety information including how to avoid food poisoning, storing and preparing foods, and recall information.
Health - General
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- City of Chicago: Health & Wellness
- Healthfinder: U.S. Department of Health & Human Resources
- National Library of Medicine
- Medline Plus
- Mayo Clinic
- Discovery Health
- Go Ask Alice - Health Q&A from Columbia University
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- CDC - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health - Health Services
- Chicago Gender Society
- Howard Brown Health Center
- Genderqueer Chicago
- City of Chicago - Health and Human Services
- NEIU Counseling Office
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration: U.S. Department of Health & Human Resources
- Nutrition for Everyone: Nutrition basics from the CDC.
- Food, Nutrition and Metabolism: Articles from the National Institutes of Health.
- Nutrition.gov: Information from the federal government on nutrition, healthy eating, physical activity, and food safety for consumers.
- 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines For Americans
- Quitting Smoking - Medline Plus: Why and how to quit smoking.
- Amercan Lung Association in Illinois
- Smoke Free
- Be Tobacco Free
- Illinois Tobacco Quitline
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexual Health: CDC
Topics include pregnancy and HIV, viral hepatitis, and STD prevention.
- Medline Plus: Overview, prevention, and treatment of STDs.