NEIU offers temporary handicap parking permits for the convenience of students, on a case-by-case basis
Below is the procedure for determining eligibility and distributing temporary handicap parking permits for students.
- If desiring temporary handicap parking on campus, students will present the completed certification form to Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) in Room E 051.
- A member of the nursing staff of SHCS will meet with the student and evaluate the validity of the request.
- If the request is deemed valid, the student will be issued a temporary parking placard, which will allow the student to use marked handicap parking spaces for a maximum of three weeks.
- Should a student need longer-term handicap parking, they should pursue an official parking placard through the Illinois Secretary of State’s office.
- All certification paperwork is considered to be official medical record. Student certifications will be kept with a student’s medical file in Student Health Services office.
Faculty and staff requesting handicap parking must first obtain a placard from the Illinois Secretary of State's office and present it to the Parking Office.