Northeastern Illinois University is open for on-campus learning and work!
We work hard to create a campus environment that is focused on academic success and health. The University is following the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the City of Chicago, and follows a layered approach of health and safety measures to protect the NEIU community.
What to Expect at the Start of Spring 2022 Semester
- Individuals are strongly encouraged to wear a high quality face mask, such as a three-layer surgical mask, KN95 or N95 respirator mask to protect against the omicron variant and any emerging variants. Surgical, KN95, and/or N95 masks will be distributed to all classrooms and office suites.
- Per Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s Executive Order 2021-22 (available to read in Arabic, Polish, Tagalog, Chinese, Spanish and Hindi), all higher education faculty, staff and students are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Furthermore, all members of the Northeastern Illinois University community are also now required to get a COVID-19 booster shot as soon as they are eligible per the CDC Booster Shot guidelines.
- Individuals who have already been exempted from the vaccination requirement due to medical or religious reasons will be exempt from the booster requirement. Exempt individuals are required to to participate in weekly on-campus saliva-based COVID-19 testing.
- A daily symptom check prior to coming to campus is encouraged. Employees and students who feel sick, especially those who are experiencing upper respiratory symptoms, should stay home. Check the CDC website for a list of all COVID-19 symptoms.
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 should immediately notify Student Health Services by phone at (773) 442-5800 or by email at email@example.com.
- Employees who test positive for COVID-19 should immediately notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEIU Vaccination Rates (As of April 4, 2022)
Currently Enrolled Students
Faculty and Staff
Students who have received boosters
Employees who have received boosters