Thank you for your interest in the TRIO Student Support Services Program (SSS) here at Northeastern Illinois University!
TRIO has a proven record of accomplishment. As an active member you are twice as likely to remain in college and graduate as those students from similar backgrounds who did not become TRIO members. By actively participating in TRIO, you will meet Northeastern academic expectations while also fulfilling your educational, career and personal goals. As an active member you are entitled to a variety of free, targeted and specialized services. Here’s information on those and the most frequently asked questions.
What are the services and benefits of TRIO?
- Assessment targeting learning styles, strengths, study skills, personality type and career pathways
- Advisement assistance with your academic program, career exploration and individual concerns
- Assistance with understanding financial aid and scholarship processes
- Individual and group tutoring
- Academic and personal success workshops
- Cultural enrichment activities, such as plays, museums, speakers, etc.
Who is eligible to join TRIO?
Any student enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Northeastern who is a citizen or legal resident the U.S. or meets residency requirements for federal student financial aid AND meets at least ONE of the following requirements:
- First-generation college student (neither parent/guardian graduated from a four-year college)
- Qualifying taxable income (variable standard set annually by the federal government)
- Individual with a documented disability
How do I apply to TRIO?
It's easy. Complete an online TRIO application.
If you have questions, please contact our office at email@example.com or (773) 442-4971.