Northeastern Illinois University is partnering with TimelyMD to deliver TimelyCare – a new virtual mental health and well-being platform for enrolled students. TimelyCare provides 24/7 access to virtual mental health care for students from anywhere in the United States at no cost.
TimelyCare provides 24/7 mental health services for enrolled students.
Students can access TimelyCare via smartphone, tablet or computer, and can schedule appointments with mental health providers, speak with a crisis counselor immediately, access digital self-help materials, seek health guidance, or participate in a supportive and positive peer community. TimelyCare counselors are from diverse backgrounds (race/culture/ethnicity, sexual/gender identity and language). In fact, 60% of providers identify as BIPOC, and more than 16 languages are spoken by their providers. They also possess specialties in a number of different areas. Students can self-select their counselor based on their published profile.
Student Counseling Services will remain open and available to meet with students, both in person and online, just as we have been. The services available through TimelyCare are designed to expand and enhance our traditional services but might be particularly useful for students who are seeking a counselor from a particular demographic background or for those who are unable to meet for appointments during our traditional office hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access TimelyCare?
Visit timelycare.com/neiu or download the TimelyCare app from your app store and register with your school email address. You can then start visits from any web-enabled device – smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop – anywhere in the United States.
Who can use TimelyCare?
Any student enrolled at Northeastern. That’s you!
What services are available?
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand emotional support.
- Scheduled Virtual Counseling: Select the day, time, and mental health provider of your choice. Nine free virtual counseling sessions per academic year.
- Health Coaching: Support for developing healthy behaviors.
- Self-Care Content: Yoga and meditation sessions and group conversations with our providers on a variety of health and well-being topics.
- Peer Community: Comment, show support to, and receive support from other TimelyCare students from across the nation.
How much does a visit cost?
TimelyCare services are available at no cost to enrolled students. Visit timelycare.com/neiu or download the TimelyCare app to get started!
TimelyCare provides a dedicated 24/7 phone line for faculty and staff to reach the TimelyCare team for guidance and support in cases of student distress, especially after hours and/or over the weekends.
Faculty and staff are often the first line of support for students who can benefit from care. Call (833) 4-TIMELY or (833) 484-6359, ext. 2. any time, day or night. Connect with a TimelyCare professional and talk about how to best support your students’ well-being.
You may use this service when a student:
- Shows physical and psychological signs of distress.
- Is identified by peers as potentially needing support.
- Refers to self-harm. Isolates from peers, faculty, or staff.
- Shows academic signs of distress.
- Discloses problems with family, peers, a significant other, or a recent personal loss.
Encourage students to sign-up for TimelyCare. To access TimelyCare, students can:
- Visit timelycare.com/neiu or download the TimelyCare app on a compatible mobile device
- Login using their official Nmail email and password
Have questions about a student in need of support?
Call (833) 4-TIMELY for guidance. Student Counseling Services will remain open and available to provide guidance and consultation to Northeastern faculty and staff who have concerns about our students, just as we have been. The services available through TimelyCare are designed to expand and enhance our traditional services but might be particularly useful for faculty and staff who may need support outside of our traditional office hours.
TimelyCare questions can be directed to Student Counseling Services at (773) 442-4650 or email@example.com.