Welcome to the CCICS Library
The NEIU Library at the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies is located on the 6th and 7th floors of the CCICS Campus at 700 East Oakwood Boulevard in Chicago. The branch includes significant holdings in the social sciences and the humanities, particularly as they document, relate, and present the African and African-American experience. Collections include circulating items, selected monographs on reserve, reference and periodical literature.
Our holdings are cited within the Northeastern Illinois University Catalog as well as the Illinois I-Share Catalog and the OCLC World Catalog known as World Cat. We also provide full access to the online database collections as subscribed to and selected by our professional staff of librarians.
- Full-service reference and circulation services
- Interlibrary loan pickup/drop off
- Subject librarian and library instruction
- Individual research consultations
- Learning Success Center tutors
- Textbook Collection and Reserves
- Popular Reading Collection
- Private study rooms
- Group study space
- 11:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday
Have a question or want more info? Ask a Librarian or check out the CCICS Research Guide.
We do not have any upcoming events.