The Office of Purchasing is exclusively responsible for purchasing goods and services in the most cost-effective manner possible on behalf of all Northeastern Illinois University offices and departments. The Office of Purchasing coordinates the purchasing process, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures mandated by applicable state statute, the Illinois Procurement Code, University Board of Trustee regulations, and the fiscal policies and procedures of Northeastern Illinois University.
Procurement opportunities are advertised on the Illinois Public Higher Education Procurement Bulletin. Vendors are encouraged to register online to receive current announcements of Illinois Public Higher Education bid opportunities.
- Northeastern bid requirements
- Guidelines for contracting on behalf of Northeastern
- Northeastern procurement policies
Public Act 94-1444 requires each State of Illinois university to also advertise its vendor awards and bid opportunities on its own University website. View current Northeastern Illinois University awards and bid opportunities.
- Governors State University & Higher Education Diverse Business Fair, a veteran-owned business event (register online), Oct. 16
- Governors State University & Higher Education Diverse Business Fair, a diverse-vendor business event (register online), Oct. 16
- 2018 Construction Summit, Nov. 1
Special note for purchases from federal grant funds
Northeastern Illinois University follows the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) standards effective December 26, 2014. However, we are delaying the implementation of the procurement standards as provided in 2 CFR 200.110, until June 30, 2018. During that period, we will continue to comply with the procurement standards in previous OMB guidance (as defined in 2 CFR 200.104)). Procurement specific questions may be directed to Vicky Santiago, Director of Purchasing. Questions related to the University’s compliance with the Uniform Guidance may be directed to Arielle Augustyn, Grants and Contracts Administrator.