The City of Chicago is dedicated to helping small businesses during the COVID-19 outbreak. Please visit the city's COVID-19 Resources pages for more details.
The Office of Purchasing is exclusively responsible for purchasing goods and services in the most cost-effective manner possible on behalf of all Northeastern Illinois University offices and departments. The Office of Purchasing coordinates the purchasing process, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures mandated by applicable state statute, the Illinois Procurement Code, University Board of Trustee regulations, and the fiscal policies and procedures of Northeastern Illinois University.
Procurement opportunities are advertised on the Illinois Public Higher Education Procurement Bulletin. Vendors are encouraged to register online to receive current announcements of Illinois Public Higher Education bid opportunities.
- Northeastern bid requirements
- Guidelines for contracting on behalf of Northeastern
- Northeastern procurement policies
- Illinois Chief Procurement Office
Public Act 94-1444 requires each State of Illinois university to also advertise its vendor awards and bid opportunities on its own university website. View current Northeastern Illinois University awards and bid opportunities.
Illinois Department of Transportation Building Blocks of Success series
- Dec. 4: Basic Plan Review, 10 a.m.-noon
- Dec. 11: Estimating and Bidding, 10 a.m.-noon
- Dec. 14: Overhead Rate Calculation, Construction and Professional Services, 1-3 p.m.
Advanced registration is required. These free virtual workshops are for firms interested in participating in the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program and strengthening their skills. Questions can be directed to the DBE resource center at (312) 939-1100.
Virtual Construction Summit - “A Strong Foundation for Tomorrow”
- Dec. 9, 10 a.m.-noon
Advanced registration is required. This virtual event will include panel discussions and opportunities to meet representatives from the University of Illinois, Capital Development Board, and Primes bidding on upcoming projects such as:
- Discover Partners Institute (DPI) Chicago facility - $235 million
- P3 – Health Outpatient Surgery Center & Specialty Clinics - $194 million
- Altgeld Hall Restoration - $192 million
If you have any questions, please email the Office of Procurement Diversity at email@example.com or call Shauna Clayborn at (217) 244-9671.