The University has a license plate recognition (LPR) system and all campuses operate under a virtual permit parking system. Physical permits are not issued. License plates are used to verify that student, staff or faculty member’s car can be parked on campus. Faculty and staff are allowed to have two vehicles assigned to their virtual parking permit. Students are allowed to have one vehicle assigned to their virtual parking permit.
For a list of parking citations and fines, please visit the Citations page.
Students, faculty and staff that wish to park on the NEIU campus must register their vehicle(s) on the virtual permit parking system.
- Please register for your classes before you register your vehicle for a virtual parking permit each academic semester. The online parking portal site will indicate the start date that you can sign up for a permit each academic semester.
- Click ’Manage Account’ and log in using your NEIUport username & password
- Click the ‘Permits’ drop down at the top of the page, select ‘Get Permits’ and Click 'Next >>'
- Select the available semester option, for example: ‘Fall 2023 – OPT-IN Student Blue Zone’
- Follow the remaining prompts to register your vehicle for that semester
- Park ONLY in the NEIU lots where you see blue or green signs
After registration is completed, you will receive a confirmation email.
Faculty and Staff:
- Collect your vehicle information (license plate number, make, model, etc.)
- Log into your online Parking account with your NEIUport user name and password
- After registration is completed, you will receive a receipt for your records
To register a rental vehicle, log into your online Parking account with your NEIUport user name and password.
Only University employees are allowed to register more than one vehicle to their virtual parking permit. The maximum vehicles allowed is two. Only one car at a time is allowed to park at Northeastern's locations with the virtual parking permit.
All virtual permits have an associated zone assigned to them and can be used only in designated parking areas.
Gold zone (Formerly Level 1)
- Gold Zone virtual parking permit is also valid in all Blue Zone and Green Zone areas parking areas.
- Gold Zone parking areas can be identified by the signage color.
- The entire Lots of A and PE are Gold Zone parking.
- The first floor on the east and north sides of the Parking Facility has Gold Zone parking.
- Additionally, there is one row of Gold Zone parking available in the C, F and J lots.
- Students can purchase Gold Zone parking. As a student you can cancel your Blue Zone parking fee and pay the Gold Zone parking student fee of $379 per semester at the Student Payment Services Office.
Blue zone (formerly Level 2)
- You must park in the designated Blue Zone areas.
- Blue Zone parking areas can be identified by the signage color.
- A Blue Zone virtual parking permit is also valid in all Green Zone parking areas.
- A Blue Zone virtual parking permit is invalid in a Gold Zone parking area.
green zone (formerly Level 3)
- You must park in the designated Green Zone areas.
- Green Zone parking areas can be identified by the signage color.
- A Green Zone virtual parking permit is not valid in any Gold Zone or Blue Zone parking area.
- Green Zone virtual parking is available to certain designated Northeastern union employee groups.