Students sitting in a rotunda outside. The NEIU N is the middle of the rotunda

How to apply for services and student accommodations

To obtain eligibility to receive reasonable accommodations through Student Disability Services (SDS), students will need to follow the Accommodation Process.

Alternative Format Text Conversion

Alternative Text Format Request Form 

Before you submit a request to SDS:

Check the sites listed on this document to see if your book is available.

If your book is not available in the above websites, consider purchasing your book as an ebook, audio book, or other preferred format, rather than purchasing a printed version.

If your book is unavailable as an ebook, audio book, or other preferred format, you will need to purchase or rent a printed copy of your book.

If you are unable to locate an accessible text using the resources listed above, you may request your materials through SDS through the Alternative Text Format Request Form.

For books, chapters of books, articles and handouts:

By filling out the Alternative Text Format Request Form, you (student) are verifying that you own or rented a physical copy of all materials requested in alternative format. (Note: You may be asked to show purchase/rental receipt for textbooks.)

Please allow up to 10 business days for the electronic version of your book(s) and/or chapter of the book. We will email you when your books are converted. Once the converted book is picked up, you may not share any converted files with others due to copyright laws.