The Summer Transition Program (STP) is designed to prepare first-year admitted students for college level coursework for the fall semester and a successful academic and social transition in order to enhance student success and increase degree attainment at Northeastern Illinois University.
Program Dates, Time and Locations
- Monday to Friday, June 29 to August 7, 2020
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- STP will be held at our locations:
- Northeastern Illinois University 5500 N. St. Louis Ave., Chicago, IL
- El Centro, 3390 N. Avondale Ave., Chicago, IL
First time first-year students admitted for the upcoming fall semester are eligible for the Summer Transition Program.
STP will help you:
- Experience a free college course and earn three credit hours that count toward graduation.
- Build your confidence by participating in college life and academics before the fall semester begins.
- Experience and learn about classroom expectations from college professors.
- Strengthen confidence in your English and math abilities.
- Retake the placement test, and possibly place at least one level higher in a math and/or English course for the fall semester.
- Participate in interactive and fun activities to help you connect with other new students and prepare you for college life.
- Save up to $4,000 on tuition and fees if you place out of developmental courses.
- Save time to graduation