The Summer Transition Program (STP) is designed to prepare newly admitted first-year students for college-level coursework for the fall semester and a successful academic and social transition in order to enhance student success and increase degree attainment at Northeastern Illinois University.
Sign up to reserve your spot at this summer's STP!
Program Dates, Time and Locations
- Welcome Program: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
- Program Dates: Monday to Thursday, July 5-Aug. 10, 2023
- Program Hours: 9:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Locations: Northeastern Illinois University
- Main Campus, 5500 N. St. Louis Ave., Chicago, IL 60625
- Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies (CCICS), 700 E. Oakwood Blvd., Chicago, IL 60653
- El Centro, 3390 N. Avondale Ave., Chicago, IL 60618
First-time, first-year students admitted for the upcoming fall semester are eligible for the Summer Transition Program.
By participating in STP, you will:
- Experience a free college course and earn three credit hours that count toward graduation.
- Build your confidence by participating in college life and academics before the fall semester begins.
- Experience and learn about classroom expectations from college professors.
- Strengthen confidence in your English and math abilities.
- Retake the placement test, and possibly place at least one level higher in a math and/or English course for the fall semester.
- Participate in interactive and fun activities to help you connect with other new students and prepare you for college life.
- Save up to $4,000 on tuition and fees if you place out of developmental courses.
- Save time to graduation