The Summer Transition Program (STP) is designed to prepare first-year admitted students for college level coursework for the fall semester and a successful academic and social transition in order to enhance student success and increase degree attainment at Northeastern Illinois University.
Program Dates, Time and Locations
- Monday to Friday, July 1 to August 9, 2019 (Please note: STP will not meet on July 4.)
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- STP will be held at our locations:
- The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, 700 E. Oakwood Blvd., Chicago, Ill.
- El Centro, 3390 N. Avondale Ave., Chicago, Ill.
- Northeastern Illinois University 5500 N. St. LouisAve., Chicago, Ill.
First year students admitted for the upcoming fall semester who have placed into developmental math and/or writing are eligible for the Summer Transition Program.
STP will help you:
- Build your confidence by participating in college life and academics before the fall semester begins.
- Experience and learn about classroom expectations from college professors during a free three-credit hour course.
- Strengthen your confidence in your English and math abilities.
- Be able to retake the placement test, and possibly place at least one level higher in a math or English course for the fall semester.
- Participate in co-curricular activities such as career development, diversity, leadership and health and wellness workshops
- Participate in civic engagement activities and participate in Campus Recreation activities.
- Save up to $4,000 on tuition and fees if you place out of developmental courses.
- Save time to graduation.