Upon admission to the graduate program, student must meet with Dr. Jing Su (Graduate Advisor) at J-Su@neiu.edu, or Dr. John Albazi (Department Chair) at S-Albazi@neiu.edu.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THE GRADUATE PROGRAM
- At least 3.0 average in the following courses for full admission to the program:
- Two semesters of general chemistry (with lab)
- Two semesters of organic chemistry (with lab)
- Two semesters of physical chemistry (with lab)
- One semester of analytical chemistry (with lab)
- Two semesters of physics including laboratory
- Two semesters of calculus
Conditional admission to the program may be granted when a student has a marginal undergraduate record.
OPTIONS IN THE GRADUATE PROGRAM IN CHEMISTRY
- Traditional General Chemistry Program
Suited for students intending to continue graduate work in chemist
- Separation Science Concentration
This emphasis program is designed to train chemists for careers in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries. It is first of its kind in the Chicago land area
- Teacher Education Concentration
This new emphasis program is designed for middle and high school chemistry teachers to earn master degree in chemistry with emphasis in the Chemical Education.