We are very excited to welcome our Golden Eagles back to campus for the Fall 2021 semester!
Classes begin Monday, Aug. 23, 2021 at all University locations. NEIU is dedicated to helping you succeed, and that includes prioritizing the health and safety of our campus community. Each day, take a moment to check in with yourself and be mindful of your physical and emotional health. Take proper precautions and seek care if you are ill. Don't forget to consider your emotional well-being.
Northeastern has adopted an Interim COVID-19 Return to Campus Policy, which we encourage you to review prior to coming to campus.
- Masks are required indoors in all common public spaces, including classrooms, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are not required while outside, in residence hall rooms, or while eating or drinking in designated eating areas. Northeastern is providing one free mask to all students. Students may collect their masks at the Welcome Desk in Village Square on the Main Campus. Masks will be available for students at El Centro and the Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies when the Fall 2021 semester begins.
- Northeastern is requiring all students who are taking courses or working on campus or living in The Nest to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by Aug. 23, 2021 for the 2021-22 academic year or be tested weekly until this new requirement ends or the student is fully vaccinated.
- Continue to report positive COVID-19 test results to Student Health Services at (773) 442-5800 or email@example.com. If symptoms occur while on campus, please notify your instructor and return home immediately. Upon positive COVID-19 test result, students will learn remotely until a negative test result has been obtained.
- Students should wash their hands, as needed, with soap and water for 20 seconds. Alternatively, hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout all University locations.
- Move-in day for The Nest is Thursday, Aug. 12 for international students. Domestic students move in beginning Aug. 18 on a staggered schedule.
- Events: Events will resume, and when possible, be held outdoors.
- Meetings: Virtual or hybrid meetings are strongly encouraged. In-person meetings require a record of attendance.
- Commuting: When commuting to campus via public transportation, follow CTA, Metra or Pace guidelines.
- Domestic Travel: Persons who are fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine can travel freely within the United States. If persons who are not fully vaccinated must travel, they should follow the CDC’s recommendations for unvaccinated persons.
- Sponsored Domestic Travel: University-sponsored domestic travel by students, faculty, and staff is permitted. Domestic travel requests must be submitted through the standard Travel Authorization Request and Encumbrance (TARE) procedure for official authorization for travel.
- University-Sponsored International Travel: All University-sponsored international travel by students, faculty, and staff continues to be suspended. Individual requests to be considered for an international travel exception may be presented to the Division Vice President for evaluation.
- Personal Travel: Personal travel is not governed by the University. Students, faculty, and staff who are traveling for personal reasons should do so in compliance with the CDC guidelines for domestic travel, the City of Chicago Emergency Travel Order, and the CDC guidelines for international travel.
Student Emergency Fund
Northeastern has designated the Student Emergency Fund to help students who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Details on donating or applying for assistance are available on the Student Emergency Fund site.
For student medical questions
Phone: (773) 442-5800
For questions from international students and those interested in study abroad
Phone: (773) 442-4796
For questions about University housing
Phone: (773) 442-4663
For questions about student life
Phone: (773) 442-4600
For admissions, financial aid, registration and student accounts questions
For student employment questions
Phone: (773) 442-4696
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Chicago Department of Public Health
Northeastern will continue to work with federal, state and city partners who are monitoring the virus. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form if you have any questions or concerns that aren't already answered within this site.