We are very excited to welcome our Golden Eagles back to campus for the Fall 2022 semester!
Classes begin Monday, Aug. 22 2022. NEIU is dedicated to helping you succeed, and that includes prioritizing the health and safety of our campus community. Each day, take a moment to check in with yourself and be mindful of your physical and emotional health. Take proper precautions and seek care if you are ill. Don't forget to consider your emotional well-being.
- Masks are strongly suggested to be worn indoors in all common public spaces, including classrooms, regardless of vaccination status. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advises individuals to consider wearing a face mask in crowded indoor and outdoor settings and for activities with others who are not fully vaccinated.
- Individuals are strongly encouraged to wear a high quality face mask, such as a three-layer surgical mask, KN95 or N95 respirator mask to protect against the omicron variant.
- Surgical, KN95, and/or N95 masks are available for students and employees at the Welcome Desks at all locations.
- It is recommended that all members of the Northeastern Illinois University community get vaccinated against COVID-19 and get a booster shot as soon as they are eligible per the CDC Booster Shot guidelines.
- Students are required to report positive COVID-19 test results to Student Health Services at (773) 442-5800 or email@example.com.
- If symptoms occur while on campus, please notify your instructor and return home immediately. Upon positive COVID-19 test result, students will learn remotely until a negative test result has been obtained.
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19, the student should stay home for five days. Students should communicate with their instructors about the possibility of class accommodations or remote classwork during this time.
- Per the new CDC guidelines, students may return to campus after five days if they are feeling better. They should wear a mask around others for a full 10 days.
- Contact tracing will be conducted as necessary.
- In accordance with new CDC guidelines, those who are exposed to COVID-19 do not need to quarantine. However, whether you are vaccinated or not, it is recommended that you wear a high-quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day five.
- Students should wash their hands, as needed, with soap and water for 20 seconds. Alternatively, hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout all University locations.
- Events: Events may be held on campus, following current CDC, IDPH and CDPH guidelines. When possible, events will be held outdoors.
- Meetings: Virtual or hybrid meetings are strongly encouraged.
- Commuting: When commuting to campus via public transportation, follow CTA, Metra or Pace guidelines.
- Personal Travel: Personal travel is not governed by the University. Students, faculty, and staff who are traveling for personal reasons should do so in compliance with the CDC guidelines for domestic travel, the City of Chicago Travel Advisory, and the CDC guidelines for international travel.
- University-Sponsored Travel: Travel requests must be submitted through the standard Travel Authorization Request and Encumbrance (TARE) procedure for official authorization for travel. All travel should follow CDC recommendations for travel.
Student Emergency Fund
Northeastern has designated the Student Emergency Fund to help students who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Details on donating or applying for assistance are available on the Student Emergency Fund site.
For student medical questions
Phone: (773) 442-5800
For questions from international students and those interested in study abroad
Phone: (773) 442-4796
For questions about University housing
Phone: (773) 442-4663
For questions about student life
Phone: (773) 442-4600
For admissions, financial aid, registration and student accounts questions
For student employment questions
Phone: (773) 442-4696