The Economics major provides students with a rigorous applied and theoretical curriculum designed to prepare students for careers in quantitative and analytical positions in private, public and non-profit organizations. We provide a flexible program based on a common core of theory courses and an array of elective courses offered at a range of times designed to accommodate both daytime and evening students.
Our curriculum is designed around five concentration tracks based on faculty skills and popular career paths, but Economics majors have a great deal of freedom to choose elective courses that meet individual goals.
Economics, as a field in general and at Northeastern in particular, provides training in building strong economic fundamentals, and sharpens analytical and critical thinking skills. The program is rigorous, and yet accessible to a large population of students with diverse backgrounds. Some of the program benefits include:
- Build/enhance quantitative and written skills
- Sharpen critical and analytical thinking power
- Studying content with depth and substance
- Rigorous and yet accessible curriculum
- Focus on both theoretical and applied components
- Dynamic range of concentrations available
- Almost all courses taught by field experts
- Small class size
- Opportunities for research collaborations
- Prepare for graduate studies
Academic Catalog Information
Take a closer look at the bachelor's degree in Economics and the courses offered toward the degree.
Department and Contact Information
If you are interested in the program of have questions, please contact Economics at email@example.com or (773) 442-5690.
Northeastern Illinois University is home to students from all corners of the world and is one of the most ethnically diverse universities in the nation. Our small class sizes, flexible schedules and dedicated faculty can help you succeed in your studies.
We offer an education with value.