The Anthropology Department strives to provide students with many opportunities to participate in hands-on laboratory and research experiences.
In the Collections Room, we have an excellent specimen collection including casts of many fossil hominins, casts and real human skeletal material, non-human primates, and other vertebrates.
Additionally, we have a new state-of-the-art Research Facility including:
- a high-resolution laser scanner (Laser Design Inc., RPS 120)
- a 3D printer, a portable laser scanner (NextEngine)
- a Microscribe Digitizer
- student research computers
This equipment allows students and faculty to conduct research on primate and human morphology and material remains. In addition, the department has and offers:
- a Sokkia Set 630R reflectorless total station
- a Trimble Juno 5D GPS unit
- Nikon SLR equipment used in archaeological and paleontological field work by faculty and students
Visit our office, located in BBH 134A, to declare your major or if you have any questions! We look forward to hearing from you.