Northeastern's Student Pantry opened in Fall 2015 under the sponsorship of the Division of Student Affairs. The original plan for the food pantry was developed through a grassroots effort during the Fall 2012 semester among faculty, staff, and students who shared an interest in finding ways to address the problem of hunger among NEIU students. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The primary objectives of the NEIU Student Pantry include:
- Provide support and assistance to students struggling with food insecurity;
- Improve academic success by improving access to on-going sources of nutrition for our students;
- Provide hands-on volunteer leadership experiences for students while increasing their commitment to civic engagement;
- Develop internship opportunities for students in academic programs including Social Work, Communications, Community Health, Business Management. and Justice Studies.
2016-17 HOURS OF OPERATION
Your Donations Help Our Students
What can be donated?
High demand items (make a big impact with your donation) include:
Shelf stable milk
Reusable Grocery bags
Toiletries (Shampoo, Soap, Shower gel, Toothpaste, etc.)
Beans, canned fruit, canned vegetables, cereal, chili, jelly, macaroni and cheese, pasta, pasta sauce, peanut butter, shelf-stable milk, soup, stew, rice, tuna, etc.
Personal hygiene products, diapers, facial tissue, paper towels, toilet paper, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, etc.
What cannot be donated?
Opened of partially used items, including cans, bottles, and dried goods,products not in their original packaging, products with no ingredient information labels, homemade or home-canned products, products that have been contaminated, alcoholic beverages or energy drinks of any kind, expired products, pet food, clothing, cleaning supplies, toys.
Where to drop off donations?
- Academic & Community Partnerships (E 047 C)
- Advising Center (LWH 0027)
- Angelina Pedroso Center (B 159)
- Learning Support Center (4th floor of the Library)
- Project Success/Proyecto Pa'Lante Office (LWH 4029)
- Student Disability Services (D 140)
- Student Leadership Development Office (B 119)
Jewel Box Series introduces improv comedy for 19th season
2 days agoNortheastern Illinois University’s Jewel Box Series, now in its 19th year, will return for the 2018-19 season with a lineup of diverse artists from all over the…
Noteworthy at Northeastern: A researcher and traveler
5 days agoThe past two weeks have featured inspirational student stories at Northeastern Illinois University. This week, we shift to the College of Arts and Sciences to…
NSF awards prestigious EAGER research grant to Northeastern Illinois University
Monday, July 9, 2018The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded Northeastern Illinois University a one-year, $150,000 grant to facilitate research into the development of a genetic system directing multicellular development of Myxobacteria,…