Tenure Track Position in Rehabilitation Counseling
Starting Date: August 2019
Rank: Assistant Professor (tenure track)
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Start Date: Fall 2019 (August 2019)
About Northeastern Illinois University: Northeastern Illinois University’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of Chicago. The University has three additional locations in the metropolitan area: the Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, El Centro and the Center for College Access and Success. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of Chicago. Regarded as the most diverse university in the Midwest, Northeastern offers more than 40 undergraduate degree and certificate programs and more than 50 graduate degree, certificate, licensure and endorsement programs.
Department: The Department of Counselor Education (CACREP accredited) offers four master’s level programs with emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Family Counseling, School Counseling, and Rehabilitation Counseling.
- Must have an earned doctorate (Ph.D., Rh.D., or Ed.D.) in Rehabilitation Counseling, or Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP (or CORE)-accredited program.
- Applicants nearing completion of the doctorate (ABD) may be considered; however, for appointment, the doctorate must be completed by August 15, 2019.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Possession of the CRC designation.
- Counseling experience within the field of Rehabilitation Counseling.
- Personal and professional commitment to inclusive education, diversity, advocacy, and social justice;
- Ability to establish and maintain community partnerships;
- Active involvement in professional rehabilitation and related organizations;
- Knowledge of accreditation, program planning, and evaluation;
- Experience in advising and mentoring students;
- Evidence of research and scholarship productivity;
- Experience in grant writing;
- Ability to teach across core counseling courses.
Responsibilities: The position requires the ability to understand and contribute to student success and teach the breadth of an entire M.A. Counseling curriculum. The person hired for this position will mainly teach Rehabilitation Counseling courses. Teaching, research, and service are expectations. Field supervision and advisement of candidates may be included in faculty duties.
To apply: Please email letter of application, CV, official graduate transcripts, and the names of three references (including telephone numbers and e-mail) to the Department Chair: Dr. Shedeh Tavakoli: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as other qualified individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University’s receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.