Noteworthy at Northeastern: An Evening with Erin Brockovich
The Daniel L. Goodwin Distinguished Lecture Series will continue with another incredible speaker as Erin Brockovich takes the stage next week. Read about her visit to Northeastern Illinois University, plus faculty accomplishments in the Goodwin College of Education and more in this week’s edition of Noteworthy at Northeastern.
Around the Commons
Environmental activist Erin Brockovich will participate in a talk titled “An Evening With Erin Brockovich” as Northeastern presents the fifth installment of the Daniel L. Goodwin Distinguished Lecture Series on Feb. 25. The event will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the Auditorium on the Main Campus. One of Brockovich’s books will be available for purchase during a post-event book-signing.
And there’s more!
- Northeastern will host an Undergraduate Open House on Feb. 27.
- The Carruthers Center will host an Open House on April 3.
- Goodwin College of Education Assistant Professor Russell Wartalski and Instructor Erica Krueger presented the preliminary findings of a qualitative study that explores how Human Resource Development undergraduate learners experience self-directed learning in both workplace and formal learning contexts during the 33rd Annual International Self-Directed Learning Symposium in Cocoa Beach, Fla., from Feb. 3-6.
- Assistant Professor of Counselor Education Laura Tejada will deliver a talk titled “Play Therapy: Three Essential Skills” during the Association for Childhood and Adolescent Counseling in Illinois Conference on March 1 in Oak Park.
- Assistant Professor of Counselor Education Zach Bloom co-authored an article titled “A Comparison of Empathy and Sympathy Between Counselors-in-Training and Their Non-Counseling Academic Peers” in The Professional Counselor.
- Counselor Education Chair Shedeh Tavakoli has been appointed associate editor for the Journal of Mental Health Counseling.
Mark your calendar!
- Diane Christiansen exhibition, through March 15, Fine Arts Center Gallery
- “Mr. Sardonicus” screening, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27, Auditorium
- “The Hate U Give” screening, 6 p.m. Feb. 28, Carruthers Center
Whether it’s speakers, film screenings or open houses, follow the Carruthers Center on Facebook to stay in the loop on all of its news and events!
Do you have a story tip? Let the Office of Public Relations know!
Mike Hines, Director of Strategic Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, (773) 442-4240