Ensemble Español to hold auditions for male dancers
Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Theater, in residence at Northeastern Illinois University, will hold auditions for male dancers aged 18-28 on Nov. 7. Available positions include both company dancers and scholarship/apprentices.
Company dancer and apprentice benefits include:
- One season contract (Fall 2015-Summer 2016)
- Paid stipend based on training/performance experience
- Spanish dance training with company artistic directors
- Spanish dance training with guest artists from Spain and the U.S
- Performance opportunities for the community
- Performance opportunities with the professional company and guest artists
- National and international touring opportunities
- University scholarships opportunities
- Scholarships to the annual American Spanish Dance & Music Festival
- Opportunity for promotion
- Extra benefits: Costumes, castanets, shoes and accessories
Auditions will be held on Northeastern’s Main Campus, 3701 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Chicago, in Dance Studio Building J 111 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Applicants should prepare a two-minute work of their choice and bring a resume and headshot.
Registration begins at 10:30 a.m.; pre-registration is strongly recommended by calling or emailing Josephine DiCesare at (773) 442-5916 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Ensemble Español online for more information, including position details, and to download an application.
Pictured above: Leonard Perez, company dancer, performs Ensemble Español's SUR, classical/flamenco contemporary full company work by Raquel Gomez, guest choreographer from Spain, at Jacob's Pillow Inside / Out International Dance Festival in Becket, Mass. Photo courtesy of Jacobs Pillow by Morah Geist.