Noteworthy at Northeastern: Tenured faculty members
Northeastern Illinois University has awarded tenure to 17 members of the faculty. Read more about the promotions, recent visitors from two Colombian universities and more in Noteworthy at Northeastern.
Around the Commons
Northeastern has awarded tenure and promotions to associate professor for 17 members of the faculty, who were introduced during the June 13 Board of Trustees meeting. Check out the list of awards of tenure and promotion.
Northeastern hosted a Symposium on Peace Education Strategies and Initiatives in Colombia and Chicago in collaboration with students and faculty members from Universidad del Atlántico and Universidad Simón Bolivar in Colombia. Maria De La Torre, acting chair of the Department of Justice Studies, and Maria Alejandra Prieto Mendoza, academic skills specialist for the McNair Scholars Program, co-coordinated this project as part of a 100,000 Strong in the Americas 2018-2019 grant.
And there’s more!
- Northeastern will host an information session for the Gerontology master’s program from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 15 at the Carruthers Center.
- Photos from the Student Success Awards have been posted online.
In the media
- The Chicago Reader quoted Associate Professor of Economics Michael Wenz in a story about Chicago’s plans for its first casino.
- CLTV’s “Politics Tonight” hosted Assistant Professor of Political Science William Adler to discuss developments in the White House and the upcoming Democratic debates.
Ensemble Español will host “Flamenco Passion: A Tribute to Dame Libby Komaiko” featuring their popular live dance and music performances as part of the company’s 43rd American Spanish Dance & Music Festival from June 14-16. The performances are in honor of founder Libby Komaiko, who passed away earlier this year. The “Flamenco Passion” performances will feature more than 40 dancers and musicians, including guest artists in a fusion of classical, folkloric, traditional, contemporary and flamenco styles.
- Coming next week! “One of Our Aircraft is Missing” screening, 7:30 p.m. June 19, Auditorium
- SLAM Open Mic Poetry Club Show, noon June 20, Cafeteria
- View all of the University’s future events at neiu.edu/events.
Olé! The 43rd American Spanish Dance & Music Festival has arrived! The video above features company dancer and Northeastern alumnus Jonathan Pacheco. Follow Ensemble Español on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date on the festivities this weekend and beyond.
Do you have a story tip? Let the Office of Public Relations know!
Mike Hines, Director of Strategic Communications, email@example.com, (773) 442-4240