Northeastern to host Asian heritage conference
Northeastern Illinois University will host the annual Asian and Asian-American Heritage Conference on Thursday, April 2, on the main campus, 3701 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. in Chicago.
Organized by Northeastern’s Asian and Global Resource Center, the conference gives the University community an opportunity to increase its awareness and understanding of Asian and Asian American culture and traditions.
The conference is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Yasmin Ranney at (773) 442-5441.
Here is the schedule of events:
- Lecture by Professor Xu Xin, Nanjing University: Chinese Perception of Jews, Golden Eagles Room, 12:15-1:30 p.m.
- Student discussion: Forever Foreign, SU 214, 12:15-1:30 p.m. and 1:40-2:55 p.m.
- Demonstration: Henna painting, Village Square, 1-4 p.m.
- Reception: Nowruz Celebration, Pedroso Center, 2-4 p.m.
- Presentation: Multicultural Women Leaders, CBM 149, 5:40-6:55 p.m.