Northeastern Illinois University will host its first-ever Homecoming Block Party, a trip to a Chicago Fire soccer game, workshops at the new El Centro location and much more as part of the 2015 NEIU Alumni Reunion festivities that will take place Oct. 2-3.
“We are excited to invite our alumni back to Northeastern to reconnect with their alma mater,” Director of Alumni Relations Damaris Tapia said. “The block party will provide our alums with a special chance to interact with their favorite faculty members, current students, University staff and members of the local community.”
The Homecoming Block Party, which is co-sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs, the Department of Student Leadership Development, the Department of the Student Union, Event and Conference Services, and Campus Recreation, will feature live bands, food vendors, carnival games and much more. It will run from 4-10 p.m. Oct. 2 on the Main Campus, 3701 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. The event is free and open to the public. Alumni will receive additional perks for registering through the reunion website.
Here is the schedule for the 2015 NEIU Alumni Reunion:
Friday, Oct. 2
- Homecoming Block Party, 4-10 p.m., Lot F on the Main Campus
- Alumni Arts Showcase, 6-7 p.m., Fine Arts Gallery
- Ensemble Español Alumni Celebration, 7:30-9 p.m., Alumni Hall
Saturday, Oct. 3
- El Centro Anniversary Brunch, 10 a.m., El Centro
Igniting Your Professional Potential Workshop Series, noon, El Centro
- Public Speaking: It’s Not That Scary—You’re Just Telling a Story, 1 p.m., El Centro
- All-Greek Alumni Social, 1-4 p.m., Headquarters Beercade
- NEIU Family Day with the Chicago Fire, 7:30 p.m., Toyota Park
Visit the NEIU Alumni website for reunion pricing. More information on the Homecoming Block Party will be released as it becomes available.