The Chicago Chamber Music Festival (CCMF) at Northeastern Illinois University is now accepting applications for the one-week summer immersion program for talented pre-collegiate musicians.
CCMF participation gives young musicians an intensive experience that develops both their solo and chamber music playing. The festival, which is co-directed by Susan Tang and Jaime Gorgojo, is scheduled for July 30-Aug. 6.
Members of the faculty and guest artists work closely with each student on technical skills, deepening artistry and honing their performance skills, all in a non-competitive and supportive environment. Participants also will:
- Work on polishing solo repertoire with experienced and passionate college faculty
- Collaborate with peers in chamber music
- Participate in a masterclass with internationally renowned musicians
- Perform in recitals featuring solo and chamber repertoire
- Compete in the concerto competition for an opportunity to perform with Northeastern Illinois University Orchestra
- Attend concerts with new friends to hear artists around the city
Every festival participant also becomes an extension of Northeastern with invitations to future opportunities and resources throughout the year.